KU students

boardsnow

Hahaha how's it going Willdo? I haven't talked to you in forever. I was just looking at how everything's going back home, and I saw your post. Find some kids and film because I want to see what Bear is like this year. Too bad you can't make it out to Whistler this year for a couple days, tickets are so cheap right now. Catch you later man, and sorry for being off topic, hah.

I've been scouting rails since I've gotten here and I think I found one that might work, and thats a big might. They certainly put a lot of thought into the handrails here, they are all built in such a way that there is no run in room, or landing. or if both ends are fine, they will put notches or holes in it so its impossible. Even some incredile ledges are broken up into pieces so that its not one solid surface.

There is a really nice down flat down that's on the outskirts of the fountains. It even has a long flat area at the top that could be used to get a bit of speed. There are also a few short rails near the rec center that i've been looking at. The one rail that amazes me is the one next to the bus stop in between golden bear and UP. It's soooooooooo long and windy, but there's no gaps in the metal or blockers anywhere.

im a sophomore at KU . last year when we got some snow on campus there were a few kids out down near the dining hall , had a nice little table setup . hopefully this year we can get something going when the snow falls. but me and my roomate will both be getting a pass this year, just like we have for the past 5 years.

and that rail back between UP and GBVS is sick . there was a rollerblader trying to stick it a few days ago, he got like 3/4 down it when i was watching ..

Just wanted to let anybody that goes to Kutztown know that the ski club is back up and running. Currently we have discount rates for season passes at bear creek, and are working on many different things for the upcoming season. A lot of the info we have is going to be posted on our facebook group (KU Ski/Snowboard Club), so if you're interested in some good deals and/or need somebody to ride with you should join the group and check what we post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We got the tune shop up and running so if anyone needs anything tuned up come up and see me......also a co-worker of mine is selling a ari of rossignol scratches with bindings. PM if interested or stop in the shop to check them out.

-Bob