Salomon SPK

Papasteeze

pops, they wont fit you. i could safely bet my life's earnings on that, and not lose. the boot is made super wide, because i guess salomon feels that a wider boot lets your toes spread out, thus giving you better balance. however, some of us dont like it when our foot slides around inside a boot like we're standing in a tub of jello. i havent tried them on yet, but from looking at catalogs and spec sheets, its at least as wide as the 1080 boot, if not a little wider. i'm not anticipating great all mountain skiability since they use a super cushiony liner in them, and there is next to no forward resistance when they are flexed due to the super absorbant and soft tongue. i'm imagining the flex to be similar to wearing a basketball sneaker with one of those atheletec plastic ankle braces, but with a rigid sole attached. hopefully i can try them on this weekend.

A 2 buckle boot is going to fit like a little kids boot. Not a whole lot of support or performance on a boot like that. It might be real comfy though.

:ph34r:

If you are looking for a park specific boot, the Dalbello Krypton Rampage should be on your list.

I have the kryptons they are packed out although I think I can get another season out of them, we shall see when the season starts. The SPK are for nipples. 2 buckle and comfy! Custom foot beds are a given for better control.

The SPK by all accounts is a park only boot, it is more upright with lots of additional padding. The concensus is that performance out of the park will be hurt due to the design which I don't consider an issue for nipples except in the half pipe. It is light weight with added cushioning and a low cuff with a built in "booster strap". nips has big issues with shin bang that I have yet to get remedied for him. Everything makes sense for him to rep that boot and the Z12 TI B90 binding and possibly the foils.

i preordered them, should be in at the beginning of october so when i get them i'll tell you how they are. and for the flex im pretty sure that it's either 85 or 95. so it's not AS soft as everyone is saying

it's a sick boot, but after readin hundred of posts on NS (search SPK) i couldn't find any first hand comments that were consistent. The have all the modifications that were customized on his foils plus lots of other stuff that makes sense.

I would like to ski the SPKs and the Kryptons. Now I'll have to ask Nipples for his opinion and you for yours. This year I think it will be the Krypton Rampages.

Krypton's toe box is huge, my toes slop around a lot, so from a performance stand point they are lacking, other wise very comfortable - oh the liner packed out faster than expected

Look into the Tecnica Vento 10. It's one people don't think of everyday and is very comparable to the Foil boot.

While we're talking boots from Salomon, has anyone tried the Gun boot on? I really liked the foil boot, but I need something stiffer. If you have let me know, I'd be very interested to hear your take.

Krypton's toe box is huge, my toes slop around a lot, so from a performance stand point they are lacking, other wise very comfortable - oh the liner packed out faster than expected

Hmmm I spend wayyy too much time in my boot for that to be happening. Maybe I'll be shoppin around a lil more.

Look into the Tecnica Vento 10. It's one people don't think of everyday and is very comparable to the Foil boot.

While we're talking boots from Salomon, has anyone tried the Gun boot on? I really liked the foil boot, but I need something stiffer. If you have let me know, I'd be very interested to hear your take.

this year's gun boot is the same last as the falcon boot, so if you've tried those on then you should know how they fit. if you havent... the heel pocket is similar to last years, which is pretty snug, they are low to medium through the middle of the foot, and then get pretty wide, but not quite as wide as the x waves in the toe. the instep is also not as high as in the x wave.

I have the kryptons they are packed out although I think I can get another season out of them, we shall see when the season starts. The SPK are for nipples. 2 buckle and comfy! Custom foot beds are a given for better control.

The SPK by all accounts is a park only boot, it is more upright with lots of additional padding. The concensus is that performance out of the park will be hurt due to the design which I don't consider an issue for nipples except in the half pipe. It is light weight with added cushioning and a low cuff with a built in "booster strap". nips has big issues with shin bang that I have yet to get remedied for him. Everything makes sense for him to rep that boot and the Z12 TI B90 binding and possibly the foils.

I would like to ski the SPKs and the Kryptons. Now I'll have to ask Nipples for his opinion and you for yours. This year I think it will be the Krypton Rampages.

The Rampage is a great boot, but hte stock liner is lacking. My suggestion is to keep your Rampages and upgrade to the Dalbello ID liner. It is much better than the regular liner.

The Rampage is a great boot, but hte stock liner is lacking. My suggestion is to keep your Rampages and upgrade to the Dalbello ID liner. It is much better than the regular liner.

agreed. the flex of the rampages is perfect for me, since i ride a lot of park, but i like the fit of the cross or pro much better just because of the snugger, denser liners in the higher end boots. i havent tried on the ID liner yet, since you cant really get a feel for them unless you buy them, but i'd imagine the fit to be much better with the higher quality liner.

agreed. the flex of the rampages is perfect for me, since i ride a lot of park, but i like the fit of the cross or pro much better just because of the snugger, denser liners in the higher end boots. i havent tried on the ID liner yet, since you cant really get a feel for them unless you buy them, but i'd imagine the fit to be much better with the higher quality liner.

Unlike the old Thermoflex or Intuition liners, the new ID liners come pre molded so you can get a good idea of the fit before you buy.