jf map (new trail??)

bigdaddyk

How many laps an hour can you guys do on the East mountain side?

It depends on lift lines. Usually 7-8 an hour.

To do it right, you would need at least two high speed quads, due to the layout of the mountain. JF is actually pretty wide, compared to the other resorts. East mountain would need one of their own and one could go around the area of the triple chairs.

If JF had a high speed chair, people would be bored in a half hour instead of an hour. It would probably help their bar business though!

:ph34r:

The boring part is sitting on the chair for the 10 minute ride to the top. I would still end up in the bar earlier, since I would get my usual 20 runs in much quicker. On a side note, I have not had a drink all week.

• 4 months later...

hmm, 100 runs in a day...that would be a run every 4:48 (on a weekend, 8 hour ski day)

assuming JF has a 600 verticle drop and the lift climbs at an average of 10 degrees, (that is conservative, IMO), the lift on east mountain would be 3456.22 feet long. High speed lifts fun at around 1000 feet/min, so the lift would get you to the top in 3:27, which would give you 1:21 to get back down and back on the lift (IMO, that would be very tough but doable)

wow, i really have too much time on my hands ;)

Jordan