Times-Tribune Editors...

Ski

The newspaper editorial staff did everything they could to spoil the Sno Mountain deal. They also bashed the idea of the Yankees bringing their Triple A affiliate to Lackawanna Stadium. They actually ended a hugely positive story by quoting a college professor from someplace in Massachusetts as saying, "It won't bring any noticeable economic benefit."

WTF?

The stadium was over-run with phone calls about season tickets. People are lining up to get weekend hotel/baseball ticket deals.

No wonder the Timers-Tribune is bankrupt: they wouldn't know a good business deal if it bit them in their nicotine stained asses. And what's with this belief that if they print it, it must be true? They need to start printing stories about how their ad revenue isn't down 70% and they aren't about to run their paper into the ground.

Here's a letter to the editor from Commissioner Munchak:

Editor: In Sept. 28 editorials, you listed concerns on two major economic gains secured by our administration for the taxpayers of Lackawanna County

Edited by ski

When I played golf in Wilkes Barre the other day, I overheard two guys talking about the Yankees and how great it is that they're booting the Red Barons out and getting a Yankees farm team. It's a win win win situation..The people in Scranton-Wilkes Barre are happy, the people in the Lehigh Valley are happy, and also the owners of the teams. It's going to hurt the Reading Phillies but their fans are Hella loyal. Is there a passenger train in Scranton?

Federal funding was just received for a train from NYC to Scranton...

:lol

oh boo, you aren't welcome in this forum any more :nana . It's obvious that bringing in the Yanks is going to greatly benefit the county, and all the Yankee fans in the area :rock

Everything is finally settled, now we just have to wait for the weather to turn, the leaves have already started :wiggle

Haha. Ill just have to get used to the fact they are here.

and the leaves changing are like...jesus.

At first I was upset when I heard the Barrons were heading out of town. :( Its going to be so much better though with the yanks in town. I used to go to a few games every summer, but now I can tell you I'll be there all the time. w00t!

Go Yanks in the ALDS!!!