Crappy part of ParkLogic?

method9455

So I was thinking, it looks like more of the stuff ParkLogic makes will be on Big Boulder as opposed to Jack Frost, except that Big Boulder is closed during the weekdays. That is bad for JFBB because think about who skis weekdays? Not high school kids unless they are cutting (a few kids a day no big deal). Not most adults becuase most adults have jobs that require them to be at work. So who are the people skiing? Mostly college students who can have random schedules during the week, have spending money, and then some random other people. Now what do college kids also happen to like more than any other group? The park.

So if the best park is at Big Boulder and the stuff at Jack Frost is smaller, are the college kids as likely to show up? Wouldn't it be better for the company if they opened Big Boulder instead of Jack Frost to attract more kids? Adults will go where ever they want (and JF lift tickets during the week are more expensive than others), and considering there are faster lifts at other places, no people at any of the resorts, should JFBB stand on what their strength will be? So doesn't that make a case for opening BB instead of JF?

A lot of speculation, but I'm kind of mad right now that on the week days BB won't be open because the crowd issues on the weekend scare me so I was hoping to hit up some great park lines when it was empty, and I can't get to Mountain Creek after Feb 5th, so it looks like Bear Creek or Blue for me weekdays (doug I bet you and I end up taking a run at Blue some weekday this year if you ski as much as you did last year)

well.. i really would like to see jf get some attention for once...seriously...

i mean yea jf's getting the guns this year..but i doubt theyll be getting any new rails/boxes..

please parklogic make something happen for jf too!!! some people dont JUST ski boulder..im at jf most of the time..

i didnt realize bb doesnt open till 3pm.. and that really pisses me off due to the fact that i am a college student and im working my schedule so i can have tuesday and thursday off to ride.. and what i liked last year was i would ride MC every tuesday and thursday morning and no one was there.. it was awesome!!

now if BB doesnt open till 3 then there goes the idea of going early to avoid the highschool crowd.. i dont understand why they do that.. specially if their main park is gonna be at BB.. that makes me angry.. :banghead maybe i wont get a seasons pass there if thats the case..

Edited by brtndominant

Hey guys...

FYI - please do not consider us "ignoring" the Jack Frost Park Program, we are simply offering more freestyle terrain at Big Boulder. Many of the new jibs we are currently building will in fact call JF home this winter and it is our goal to provide two well designed, meticulously maintained parks at JF in addition to our program at Big Boulder Park. In essence, we will offer the best of both worlds! Ride JF freshly groomed in the morning, then hit BB at 3pm and get the supreme night park!

The "Easystyle Intro Park" top-to-bottom park will feature many new custom parklogic jibs designed to give skiers and riders the skill and confidence before moving up to our more advanced parks at either JF or BB.

"One" Park at Jack Frost will also be a top-to-bottom park and will be rated as 'medium to large" features. Expect to see many new ParkLogic jibs, an innovative design all supported by 25 new SMI fanguns. By no means will either of these parks be ignored or neglected and expect to see the same high standard of design, grooming and maintenance that you will see at BB!

More updates soon! I hope this clears up some of the misconceptions. Did I mention we've been getting snow squalls all day!

Edited by ParkLogic

did i mention JFBB is going to be nasty this year? its things like this (responsive crew) that make us pissed that BB is closed during the day cuz we want to ride ParkLogic shit over everyone elses this season. But as long as there are some bigger things at JF we hit that up. And take lunch break 2-3 as we drive over to BB to get first chair in a few groomed park. I like it.

seriously. THINK about how much time parklogic is gonna have to perfect a park. THINK about how much better conditions the park is gonna be durring competitons. THINK about how much later boulder can stay open cause they can blow snow longer and its not being ridden as much. THINK about how much better the snow quality is gonna be at night. With noone riding it durring the day to melt it and have it freeze into ice at night its gonna be alot better to ride. I LOVE boulders new improvements this year.

I like the part about Boulder staying open later...it could get other ski areas to try to stay open for April turns... :rock If Boulder mountain stays open longer than Booter mountain, I'm there...

As long as I can remember, Boulder closes a week before the snowmobile races to get ready, and this year they are listed as March 24 and 25th. Hopefully, they will re-open after this...unless if they plan to keep JF open longer.

So if the best park is at Big Boulder and the stuff at Jack Frost is smaller, are the college kids as likely to show up? Wouldn't it be better for the company if they opened Big Boulder instead of Jack Frost to attract more kids? Adults will go where ever they want (and JF lift tickets during the week are more expensive than others), and considering there are faster lifts at other places, no people at any of the resorts, should JFBB stand on what their strength will be? So doesn't that make a case for opening BB instead of JF?...)

This is almost imposible because JF doesn't have lights. I've been a JFBB pass holder for three years. There are more people at JF during weekdays, than at BB. I've often thought that financially it would make more sense to open BB later in the day, since most people go to JF during the weekday....even though I liked having both options because I am an adult who works second shift and I go mostly in the mornings. Regular skiers and riders outnumber people who use parks, during weekdays. Also, JF's tickets aren't any more expensive than other places because a full day ticket covers JF and BB for the whole day. You can also look at it this way, you get freshly groomed snow in the morning at JF, then can get freshly groomed snow in the afternoon at BB.

Edited by bigdaddyk

okay well i can say that i jumped the gun once i found out about the 3pm opening for BB...

i should of had more faith in Parklogic.. and since its the closest mt to my school i will still be getting a season pass there...

not only that.. the second closest is CB.. and i think that JF's park will be much sicker then CB's will ever be..

not only that.. the second closest is CB.. and i think that JF's park will be much sicker then CB's will ever be..

True that. Its going to be a hard choice for me though because Bear Creek is closer so I'm i'm not sure if JF>Bear Creek, but I do think BB>Bear Creek. Damn this is new, having a hard time choosing becuase there are so many good parks in PA.

True that. Its going to be a hard choice for me though because Bear Creek is closer so I'm i'm not sure if JF>Bear Creek, but I do think BB>Bear Creek. Damn this is new, having a hard time choosing becuase there are so many good parks in PA.

haha yeah i know i LOVE it! cause im actually gonna take a few trips to bear.. i just checked out their site and their park sounds as though its going to be really sick this year

Wow they didn't even make the list... That list needs some serious editing anyway.

This year, my ratings are factoring in jumps and overall conditions. Everyone seems to have tons of jibs planned, but no one is talking about the jumps. The jumps are what will set one park above another in my opinion.

Probally Shawnees now that Keith is gone.

whaaaaat?! shawnee was a dark horse last year, it was a surprisingly good park when we were there.

Yes, and last year Montages deffinetly beat out CB's.

like that was some type of achievement? sorry, couldn't help it. :D

whaaaaat?! shawnee was a dark horse last year, it was a surprisingly good park when we were there.

like that was some type of achievement? sorry, couldn't help it. :D

Ya, and when said since Keith was gone it would suck. Do they have anyone there like him to do the park. If i remember correctly 2 weeks ago, he didnt no of anyone taking the job there.

Ya, and when said since Keith was gone it would suck. Do they have anyone there like him to do the park. If i remember correctly 2 weeks ago, he didnt no of anyone taking the job there.

sorry - i read it wrong, yeah we can only hope that keith comes back ..