Crappy part of ParkLogic?

method9455

Yes, and last year Montages deffinetly beat out CB's.

I've always been a fan of Montage's jumps. I just like the way they're built. Maybe its because they're the first ones I jumped on but I just really like the shape of them. I think CB easily had (past tense I'm not making any speculations about this year) my least favorite jumps of all the mountains.

BB maybe but not JF

you see the new shiz bear is adding this year!?

I don't know much about parks, but I do know that BC fired up the competition and it's only a matter of time until other places have competitive parks with more vert. Back in the 80's split Rock was the only resort to allow snowboarding in PA. They were packed for about 3 years, until BBJF let snowboarders in. They were dead the next season and are now not open for skiing and riding. They are however building a water park.

I know that Blue is the place for big mo-fo booters and rails with an urban flow... :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

70 feet/...it was measured don't hate

YO all u know is how to freaking say booter and steeze. You dont know shit about how the lips are setup cause u dont do shit. You can hit any jump and air it. But spinning off a jump is alot easier with different lips, and alot of places has lip quality which is better than blue. and since u dont even hit rails u dont know what ur talking about on that subject.

According to onthesnow.com, BB is 475 and JF is 600. They have JF's longest run as being 2.7 miles. That must be from getting off the East Mt. lift and skiing down across the top of the mountain, then down the far side slopes (frosty and ridge run).

2.7 Miles is the road from JF to BB. Those brochure guys are very creative.

:yes

more like 45 ft

There was a booter that was i believe measured at 55ft. The 1 after that i believe was 65-70ft

YO all u know is how to freaking say booter and steeze. You dont know shit about how the lips are setup cause u dont do shit. You can hit any jump and air it. But spinning off a jump is alot easier with different lips, and alot of places has lip quality which is better than blue. and since u dont even hit rails u dont know what ur talking about on that subject.

You need to relax hombre, ever think he was being sarcastic... He never said he knew anything about lips, or even brought up the subject. He has pride in his home mountain, and im sure you do to, whatever your home hill is...

Juggernaut at Killington was 10 miles long but alot of it is now closed...Great Eastern is 6 miles long and there are countless 6 mile long runs out west. I don't buy the 2.7 mile claim...because Toll Road at Stowe is 3.7 miles but drops 2300 vert..and a few sections are flat as balls..

Juggernaut was a fun run, aside from the one stretch that i didn't have enough speed to complete, but i only had to hike a few feet to the top of the next hill. I heard Juggernaut is only like 6 miles now or something like that, why did they close some of it off?

There was a booter that was i believe measured at 55ft. The 1 after that i believe was 65-70ft

Apparently the guys at the loft took a group trip to blue and measured the jump before the stairset (which to me looked like the biggest one by far) as 35 ft to the knuckle and about 45 ft to the "sweet spot." I'm not even sure how you could accurately measure to the sweet spot, but the 35 ft number is the only measurment I've seen that even seems halfway resonable.

Honestly this year we should make efforts to get photographic evidence of the distances because there is a ton of arguing over the size, and I think most of it is total BS.

I mean come on 70ft... thats almost 1/4 football field. There is no way that jump was that big.

Apparently the guys at the loft took a group trip to blue and measured the jump before the stairset (which to me looked like the biggest one by far) as 35 ft to the knuckle and about 45 ft to the "sweet spot." I'm not even sure how you could accurately measure to the sweet spot, but the 35 ft number is the only measurment I've seen that even seems halfway resonable.

Honestly this year we should make efforts to get photographic evidence of the distances because there is a ton of arguing over the size, and I think most of it is total BS.

I mean come on 70ft... thats almost 1/4 football field. There is no way that jump was that big.

Thank you... well said. :clap

I know I have beat this subject up a ton.. But I laughed at the world class resort of Breckenridge 50 footers. Everyone was jumping 50' - but from lip to knuckle it was only a bit over 30' benefit of the doubt would be 35'.

I'll be carrying a 100' tape in my truck and while filming, I will be sure to document every one I can.

oooooooooooooops wrong account.

Edited by Nipples

maybe they measured to the flat...

One more thing, BB should open in the morning midweek if the local school district(s) are closed for a snow day.... Most of their staff is high school kids, so this would work fine.

Jordan