Snow is being made!

sethsev7n

http://www.jfbb.com/webcams.asp

First Pocono mountain to lay down some snow? Who else is going to join?

How did you get the webcam to work? I only get the white screen.

clearly they're not blowing it to open up, or else they'd be blowing up the entire slope :banghead

The slope that you see doesn't have fan guns on it. The slope that has them is to the left of the screen, out of sight, so they must only be using the fans.

I get a white screen on my pc, but it works just fine on my mac. I figured you guys would have the same problem so i took a screenshot for proof.

Whether or not they are making snow anywhere else on the mountain, theyre making it, and they have our attention. Getting a head start on the base or just pure marketing, I love to see it either way.

I stopped by BB early today and they blew a thin coat on Edelweiss and it looked like they had a bunch of portable fans lined up on Tannenbaum. Right now, it looks like they blew to get the ground cold. From what I was told, they are hoping to get the small park open for Friday.

Come to think of it, I believe it was Little Boulder that had the portable fans on it and not Tannenbaum. Anyway, it was two trails :lol: .

when is BB opening then?

Earliest would be the 8th, but I'm pretty sure its gonna be the 16th. It wont get cold until early next week so they might not be able to blow enough snow to open for next weekend. I know Blue is shooting for the 8th, but I just don't see it happening

True....I'm sure blue will be open the 8th, not so sure about BB though.

If Blue will open next weekend, BB definately will. Remember, it's colder at BB and they already started to make snow and would have continued, if it didn't warm up. Their website on JF's conditions page says they are pushing for the 9th. Saturday night should be the re-start of snowmaking for JF and BB.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

when is BB opening then?
See above

Link: http://www.jfbb.com/winter-jf-trail-maps.aspx

Edited by bigdaddyk