snowmaking?

EAZY-Emuntz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe me, we want to get open as bad as you guys want us to open!

We switched strategies tonight given the long range forecast doesn't look so hot. We are putting almost all of our firepower on Cascade, Black Bear and Kodiak and going full out. We plan on going as long as we can tomorrow morning, fire back up on Thursday as soon as temps allow and try to run straight through to Saturday morning if weather permits.

We are going to try to get those 3 trails and at least one run off the new quad open between Sun. and Tue.

We will keep you updated as we see what the weather throws our way and we evaluate our production.

Why are the guns on the cascade shooting but they arent blowing at the bottom of the mountain, yet their blowing on TUBING???!!!????? what the heck, is the temperature on cadcade that much different from the bottom of the mountain that you cant blow at the bottom??? haha sorry i just really want that dc stair case open.... ok well i really want bear open period, ill settle for anyhting.

Wow guys calm down the longer we wait the more snow there is that will cover the rocks. An frankly i'd rather wait an extra week then spend money on p-texing the bottom of my skis. An its not a DC staircase its a "BC" staircase!!! Only a few more days just stay calm and relax it will be here soon enough!

It is great to see everyone psyched about opening.

Here is the today's update:

We fired up last night around 8:30PM with 27F and 68% hunidity. Cloud cover rolled in and kept the temperatures and humidity on the high side. Around 3AM the temperatures dropped and we got 3 hours of good production at 21F and 54% humidity. We shut down around 9AM when the temperatures started rocketing up toward today's high of 47F.

Tonight looks warm and humid with rain/snow mix. Our guys are resting up for an all out blitz starting tomorrow night around 11PM if the forecast is correct. We should get good production until 11AM on Friday and marginal production until temperatures drop again Friday night. We plan to run straight through from Thursday night to Saturday morning.

I don't think tonights weather will hurt us too much but it is not helping either. We should have a really good idea on opening by mid-afternoon Friday.

Keep thinking cold!!!!

^word, andy finshed that the other day. but i skipped a few pages just to put some thoughts down. first off, some kids need to take a chill pill, honestly they talk like they are the expert snow blowers and question bear creek for not starting early enough during the day, it was because of the water temp and air temp and humidity, chirst dont have a heart attack. trust me bear knows what they are doing and are doing thier best every day, you make it sound like they dont like you and are punishing you by not blowing snow early enough.

anyway, horay bear! i'm so stoked, i cant wait to see the big push, should be a great year, i'm trying to go for 60+ days again, hopefully i can hit at least 80 since i can drive this year. see you all on the mountain!

^word, andy finshed that the other day. but i skipped a few pages just to put some thoughts down. first off, some kids need to take a chill pill, honestly they talk like they are the expert snow blowers and question bear creek for not starting early enough during the day, it was because of the water temp and air temp and humidity, chirst dont have a heart attack. trust me bear knows what they are doing and are doing thier best every day, you make it sound like they dont like you and are punishing you by not blowing snow early enough.

Do you have any Idea how manny home snowmakers their are on this site?

yeah but notice i said some KIDS, i know we have some acuall employees on here.

yeah but notice i said some KIDS, i know we have some acuall employees on here, and i guess you guys are into the whole make your own air/water methods? go figure, i always found that a waste, but thats another topic.

yeh i noticed that too. it all depends on how much snow bear can lay down tonight tomorrow and tomorrow night saturday night and maybe sunday night. i dont really understand why they are blowing in the pipe and tubing? but i know bear knows what there doing so... all i say is i hope they open on tuesday, but sunday would be better!