snowmaking?

EAZY-Emuntz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt they open like before today last year

No. Nobody around here atleast was open this early last year. Nobody has been open this early around here in a long long time.

NY and the other New England resorts were open around this time last year (I think). I know Killington was for sure, but if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Killington opened end of October last year.

I remember because I marked it in my agenda book for school. Seven Springs was open end of November, and everyone else was open the weekend of the 9th 10th.

Weather sucks, something tells me we're gonna get cheated out of a good month of riding.

BC's projected opening/closing 12/10 - 4/16

my projected opening/closing 12/16 - 3/25

Edited by rideKINK156

Killington opened end of October last year.

I remember because I marked it in my agenda book for school. Seven Springs was open end of November, and everyone else was open the weekend of the 9th 10th.

Weather sucks, something tells me we're gonna get cheated out of a good month of riding.

BC's projected opening/closing 12/10 - 4/16

my projected opening/closing 12/16 - 3/25

Ouch, that really hurts, o well i hope that the temp drops down soon, only about 25 days till ill be skiing, it wont come soon enough :banghead:banghead

Edited by petter369

It would be sweet if it was cold enough this winter for Bear Creek to stockpile extra snow to stay open until mid April..sick spring riding and it stays light until 8:00PM

oh, you mean like they said they were gonna try to do last year, but made zero attempt to stockpile anything and blamed it on a warm winter....?

oh, you mean like they said they were gonna try to do last year, but made zero attempt to stockpile anything and blamed it on a warm winter....?

My understandings from the GM is that didn't blow during operating hours due to too many complaints so that only left the evening hours and that snow got ate up by the warm weather. The intent was certainly there. THINK COLD WEATHER FOR THIS SEASON!

My understandings from the GM is that didn't blow during operating hours due to too many complaints so that only left the evening hours and that snow got ate up by the warm weather. The intent was certainly there. THINK COLD WEATHER FOR THIS SEASON!

I think its unrealistic to expect for places in this area, given the types of winters we have, to be able to keep enough snow into April, so unless they have some kind of real strategy for doing that, then they shouldn't tempt us like that. I'd rather be surprised than have my hopes crushed like that ;)

Alright, screw you all. I buy a farmers Almanac every year for this cause you girlies are just guessing.

December

1-3 Chilly Flurries

4-6 Rainish, mild

7-9 Sunny, Real Cold

10-14 Mild, Little rain

**15-21 Cold. SNOW. Flurries!

22-27 More snow, Sunny and cold

28-31 Mild and Sunny, Then some rain.

Looks like we could get screwed for the beggining, but its just an EDUCATED guess based

on many many years of data and records making averages.

Everyone here must have a "Pray-for-Snow" Bonfire December 2nd to try and stir up

the snow gods.

Alright, screw you all. I buy a farmers Almanac every year for this cause you girlies are just guessing.

December

1-3 Chilly Flurries

4-6 Rainish, mild

7-9 Sunny, Real Cold

10-14 Mild, Little rain

Looks like we could get screwed for the beggining, but its just an EDUCATED guess based

Ha, do you see dead people, too?

December

1-3 Chilly Flurries

4-6 Rainish, mild

7-9 Sunny, Real Cold

10-14 Mild, Little rain

Everyone here must have a "Pray-for-Snow" Bonfire December 2nd to try and stir up

the snow gods.

haha guessing is just as good as a book that predicts the weather in advance . . maybe and and i say maybe it can predict when a big storm is gonna come every few years but lest get real it cant say what the temp and weather is gonna be for a specific date. . id suggest using your money for something a little more useful

how do they figure the almanac out anyway??

I always thought they had a dartboard with different types of weather on it for different seasons. Then they'd throw a dart for every amount of time and go from there.

Hell, if I did that I'd might even get more accurate answers!

and the week after this friday is looking mighty fine for snowmaking folks

keep your fingers crossed

or pray to Allah

whatever floats your boat

Edited by rideKINK156