snowmaking?

EAZY-Emuntz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can it even be determined so far ahead what the temps will be like?

...dont think its too good to trust longer than one week forecasts as even within that time period can change bigtime

like maybe four days ago there was possibilities for actuall accumulation on monday now its just flurries

well if they dont open this weekend, with next weeks warm temps, its not hapenning for a while

i dont get what you mean by the next weeks warm temperatures, looking at accuweather

Monday 11:High 44 Low 29

Teusday 12: High 46 Low 31

Wednesday 13: High 46 Low 26

Thursday 14: High 45 Low 28

Friday 15: High 44 Low 29

I see that the temps get a little higher but I doubt bear will wait until the 19th of december to open

i dont see why you are acting so pissy at bear lately, they never said they werent gonna open this weekend, they cant control the weather, they will blow when they can, u just watch

cuz I NEED SNOWBOARDING

they just act indecisively and "just wait" is their mantra

patience was never my virtue

I usually shup up when they turn the snowguns on

if nothing else pray for cold to stop my complaining

They have not made any snow yet. A little birdie told me that they will not be open this weekend. They do not foresee the temps being right for snowmaking. The "six hours of snowmaking" rumor was true (or at least that is what they project. If you have been getting your hopes up, stop, it is not going to happen this weekend. Make plans to go elsewhere, there will be others open.

I asked specifically why they do not have snowmaking temps when others are already making snow. The answer I got was a mix of geography and elevation. Bottom line, no snow yet, and no plans to open this weekend.

I'll be at Ski Roundtop if anyone wants to play.

After that, get psyched, BC will be close behind. C'mon, it is worth the wait, isn't it?

They have not made any snow yet. A little birdie told me that they will not be open this weekend. They do not foresee the temps being right for snowmaking. The "six hours of snowmaking" rumor was true (or at least that is what they project. If you have been getting your hopes up, stop, it is not going to happen this weekend. Make plans to go elsewhere, there will be others open.

I asked specifically why they do not have snowmaking temps when others are already making snow. The answer I got was a mix of geography and elevation. Bottom line, no snow yet, and no plans to open this weekend.

I'll be at Ski Roundtop if anyone wants to play.

After that, get psyched, BC will be close behind. C'mon, it is worth the wait, isn't it?

:banghead:banghead i hope your wrong

smartass

might have to go with option #2, blue

i dont see where they are getting this 6 hours of snowmaking for the week. Accuweather, weather.com, and intellicast's forecasts all call for alot more snowmaking time...

wow. the weather looks worse for next week. so basically if they dont blow next week, whcih they wont if the weather keeps this up, they wont be open until maybe christmas or lateR? and i bought my pass here why? becasue i thought i was going to use it alot. by the time they open the money im gonna have spent at blue or cb or elsewhere will pay for a season at blue or whatever :banghead:upyers

Im not sure what weather reports you naysayers are looking at, but every single one I have looked up shows lows in the low 20's every night this week. On top of that, they are calling for the air to dry out, with humidity only being around 30% or so.

Those are ideal conditions especially since highs are only going to be up around the low 40's all week.

If Bear doesn't buckle and blow, if for nothing else just to get a few inches down to help freeze the ground, they are complete idiots.

They are looking at periods of 6-10hrs or more of viable conditions every night this week, and they need to lay down a base and get that ground frozen asap if they expect to have any kind of early season.

They should be open this weekend, I said it before, if they can't blow enough to get somethin open this week, they should basically just forget the season all together because they can't be committed to providing good conditions...

An array of weather reports to ease your concerns...

http://weather.weatherbug.com/PA/Macungie-...tml?zcode=z5593

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/index?section=...mp;cityId=18062

http://weather.kyw.com/cgi-bin/findweather...=macungie%2C+pa

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USPA...pnav_undeclared

If they don't blow... well, lets just say they blow...

the thing is, the rest of the week wont much different then saturday or sunday night was, so if they were going to blow they wouldve started

The temps at night are goin to drop like 5-10 degrees from saturday and sunday night.

But the big thing is the humidity is going down. Its much more difficult to blow with high humidity and because of all those storms passing through, humidity was up aroun 80%, its going to come down to like 40% tonight, and then down to 30% and lower as the week goes on.