snowmaking?

EAZY-Emuntz

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear is still blowing snow!!! They have gotten in a good 12 hours as of now and it seems like most of the big guns are up and running and looking at the weather, they will probably be able to blow snow for the whole day because the high is going to be around 30 at 3 pm.and the terrain park cams are up again

Edited by petter369

Update for 12/8/06

We got really good production last night and have some pretty sizeable piles out there. The snowmakers have been doing a great job! We are going to be able to hold all day as it looks now and we should have another great night tonight. Tomorrow night is going to be a bit warmer but we anticipate getting some decent production.

The plan is to let the piles we have made thus far cure a bit and start pushing them tomorrow night. We should be able to have Cascade, Black Bear and Kodiak groomed out for Monday or Tuesday.

There is also the possiblity that Sasquatch and Grizzly may be ready as well.

Another bright spot. Due to the construction of the hotel, we will only be able to utilize half of the tubing park. This will allow us to use the skiers left side of the tubing park as a terrain park/big hit area all season long. We have been making snow in this area as well and hope to have enough coverage to have it ready for Tuesday. We should know if that can happen by mid-day tomorrow.

Another bright spot. Due to the construction of the hotel, we will only be able to utilize half of the tubing park. This will allow us to use the skiers left side of the tubing park as a terrain park/big hit area all season long. We have been making snow in this area as well and hope to have enough coverage to have it ready for Tuesday. We should know if that can happen by mid-day tomorrow.

soooooo sweeeet! Thanks!

WOW! thanks BC-Mark for the info, and that stuff about the hotel being built sounds awesome...It is really great to see that Bear was able to blow through the whole day, I am sure that will be very helpful in the amount of snow blown so far..and is it okay to stop by saturday to get my season pass, or can I just come on tuesday?

if you would read the last couple posts you would know...they plan to make snow the rest of the day today and blow until tomorrow morning, and then again on saturday night...we will see what happens from there. Just to fill you in dark wing, BC mark is bear creek's GM, so i would listen up to what he has to say

Welcome!

this is awsome. are you guys goin to make snow tonight too?

Update for 12/8/06

The snowmakers have been doing a great job! We are going to be able to hold all day as it looks now and we should have another great night tonight.

Edited by Papasteeze

hahahah be nice.. I wonder how long before the regulars start hollering "search bar!!!"

if you would read the last couple posts you would know...they plan to make snow the rest of the day today and blow until tomorrow morning, and then again on saturday night...we will see what happens from there. Just to fill you in dark wing, BC mark is bear creek's GM, so i would listen up to what he has to say

You can pick-up passes Saturday from 9am to 3pm. I would strongly encourage you to do so if you live close-by so you can avoid opening week lines.

27F and dropping...should be another good night!

Is it absolutely necessary? and how long would the lines be? just because I live in Blue Bell, about 45 minutes away and my parents would prefer just to drive up once...

• 2 weeks later...

well im bring this back since bear has to basicly start all over again, which really sucks! but the good news is according to accuweather starting tomorrow night there will be snowmaking temps all the way until friday including friday! and then starting again sunday until jan 8(which is the last day perdicted) so i think bear might have a chance of opening by friday or sat! at least im hoping! pray for some snow and cold

what i was talking about is this:

to get good production of snow it has to be below 28 degrees, maybe even colder due to humidity. bears pond temperature is also high, so factor that in and it has to be even colder. i want nothing more then to ride bear i just dont see them able to open any time soon.

Now Im just waiting for my trip out west.

Theres always snow somewhere.

Oh, and those temps should look nicer for the Poconos so they'll be making lots of snow.

Edited by tell_them_nothing