Hats off to the fine folks at PASR

Stevo

"...it sure seems like people post a heckuva lot more during ski season, than the summer---especially on the CB MB.

I know that I do. I get drawn in around September and stay active until early April. In between I am concentrating on the bike ridding. Not that I am a "fair" weather friend but it is just that my passions run with the seasons.

Aside from the obvious fact that Camelback could make their life a lot easier if they would just link to this site, how hard is it for you guys to keep all the crap off of the board? Also any thoughts as to why Camelback is having such a difficult time of it?

Their board is in such bad shape so often and you never seem to have the same kind of trouble ( :banghead knock wood). I am just trying to figure out what has gone wrong on the other side. They keep on claiming that they are trying to work out a solution but i only see the problem getting worse. Just thought I would ask.

Aside from the obvious fact that Camelback could make their life a lot easier if they would just link to this site, how hard is it for you guys to keep all the crap off of the board? Also any thoughts as to why Camelback is having such a difficult time of it?

Their board is in such bad shape so often and you never seem to have the same kind of trouble ( :banghead knock wood). I am just trying to figure out what has gone wrong on the other side. They keep on claiming that they are trying to work out a solution but i only see the problem getting worse. Just thought I would ask.

We run better forum software, and there are measures built in to prevent bots from registering. We've had a few slip through the cracks, but nothing major like them. They're using a very primitive message board software that was released years ago, and thus, people have exposed certain vulnerabilities in it.

We run better forum software, and there are measures built in to prevent bots from registering. We've had a few slip through the cracks, but nothing major like them. They're using a very primitive message board software that was released years ago, and thus, people have exposed certain vulnerabilities in it.

You guys do just a fantastic job! Looking at another board just proves that!

I belong to about a half dozen other ski boards and I keep coming back here because I can always get a good laugh over here. Its such a chummy group. You all have probably flown past me on the mountains and didn't even know it. Look for a two-year old B&W PASR sticker on the back of my helmet and say "hi" when you go by.

First I've seen this thread... sheesh :) We're really thrilled that you folks like the site so much. We really wanted this to be a family type atmosphere, and I think most of the time it is. Whether we're out skiing, or here taking potshots at the various "drunk uncles", I think most people understand what we're about.

As far as the CB people here, I know there are a few (including Craig, who I've had email/phone conversations with) who lurk here. Their site usually gets really REALLY slow in the non-ski months, as most of the people who go to their MB are not thinking of skiing in the summer, like us crazy folks.

And, as for spam, I am regularly deleting accounts that are spammers, and I know the staff here is very much on top of keeping things clean for you guys. The new additions to our staff have been doing a great job!

First I've seen this thread... sheesh :) We're really thrilled that you folks like the site so much. We really wanted this to be a family type atmosphere, and I think most of the time it is. Whether we're out skiing, or here taking potshots at the various "drunk uncles", I think most people understand what we're about.

As far as the CB people here, I know there are a few (including Craig, who I've had email/phone conversations with) who lurk here. Their site usually gets really REALLY slow in the non-ski months, as most of the people who go to their MB are not thinking of skiing in the summer, like us crazy folks.

And, as for spam, I am regularly deleting accounts that are spammers, and I know the staff here is very much on top of keeping things clean for you guys. The new additions to our staff have been doing a great job!

A spammer signed up today and posted something, and the post was gone 5 minutes later :rock That's a pretty good response time! Go PASR staff :banghead

:woot 5 days :rock