12.05.05 - Opening Day!

ParkLogic

Thanks to our state-of-the-art snowmaking system and the dedication of the Big Boulder Park snowmaking crew, opening day is here with 4 lifts and 5 trails, including:

Edelweiss (30foot 'wide' box, and some 20foot jibs TBD - updated after 1:00pm)

Little Boulder

Tannenbaum

Merry Widow

Big Boulder

Hours of operation: 3:00pm - 9:00pm

*more terrain and more features added in the near future

Big Boulder Park

this is BB's earliest opening in (i think) almost 10 years. Great job guys!!

its so nice to have these ski resorts run by a company who actually cares about them for a change. ;) that was not meant to be a shot at blue ridge, but they are a real estate company, not a ski company..

Jordan

Edited by jordan

Woo Hoo...I brought all my ski clothes with me to work..it's cold outside..tonight I have a feeling I'm going to be a three layer player.. :rock The whip is fueled up..sweedish fish, combos, and water for the drive..and I'm pounding a sugar free red bull now for extra crunk-ness..I can't wait to hit the Blacks at Boulder..with all the people maybe there'll be some bumps on some of the steeps.... :rock Holla

what steeps? :rofl

You obviously have never been to BB...

Jordan

Sarcasm..yes yes..I need to practice my jump turns for Jackson Hole..lol

JF on the other hand does have some steeps you could practice jump turns on. You just have to know where to look. Jump turns are my favorite part of skiing, they are just so much fun :). one of the good things about them blowing snow on elevator at JF a few years back was the fact that if you didnt go through the chute that they groomed out, the piles on either side of it made it steeper than it ever has been, with a few small cliffs to jump as well..

Jordan

On behalf of the crew at Big Boulder we wanted to thank everyone for supporting our opening day! In the near future we will be adding more snow, more terrain, more jibs, more jumps and more parks.

Opening day:

1523725018_l.jpg

1523729444_l.jpg

Edited by ParkLogic

Looks sick guys. Were those the only 2 jibs out/ what can i expect if I show up over the weekend?

well with the amount of snow they are making id say there is a good chance to see alot of park open at both jf and bb.. there were a total of 3 jibs, the 2 you see and a 30ft WIDE box for now..