New Park n Pipe

Snoshredder21

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget, there is still snow to go on top of that stuff. so you can't totally base what it will be on what you see. you dont know how much snow they plan to use or how they are going to shape it. if the guys from sunday river designed it i can tell you it is going to be nice. the parks at sunday river are choice.

The thing that worries me the most is the pipe. They better get that sucker dug pretty deep. Hopefully it'll be wide too, not like CB's where there is no transition. C boxes and the battleship look pretty nice. Rainbow box too.

I can't tell how big the gap will be on the booter. It says 60' wide, but I hope it's that long also. The table top look pretty big too. Damn, I can't take this anymore, I need to go watch a ski movie. Propaganda seems in order :yes

The thing that worries me the most is the pipe.  They better get that sucker dug pretty deep.  Hopefully it'll be wide too, not like CB's where there is no transition.  C boxes and the battleship look pretty nice.  Rainbow box too. 

I can't tell how big the gap will be on the booter.  It says 60' wide, but I hope it's that long also.  The table top look pretty big too.  Damn, I can't take this anymore, I need to go watch a ski movie.  Propaganda seems in order :yes

Just so ya know, Camelback widened their pipe for this year, i believe :)

i think that at least one of the mountains around here should build a superpipe. we need one, the closest one is at creek. they say that the condiditons here would make it hard to build one but creek has a lot less snow each year than we do and a much shorter season. all the pipes around here pretty much are horrible, but it would be great to see a nice superpipe built somewhere

no places around here have the room for a super pipe. they'd have to take up an entire trail to build one. have you ever been in one nitro? they are HUGE! i almost shat in my pants when i was in sunday rivers. that thing would have literally taken up almost all the space in any of the terrain parks in PA.

no places around here have the room for a super pipe. they'd have to take up an entire trail to build one. have you ever been in one nitro? they are HUGE! i almost shat in my pants when i was in sunday rivers. that thing would have literally taken up almost all the space in any of the terrain parks in PA.

they are friggen huge, is right! When I was at Okemo last year, my friend laid down some trix in the superpipe, and it just looked soooooo big. Pipes around here are nothing. But yea, a superpipe would take up most of the laurel glade terrain park.

yea okemos is ginormus

i nearly shat my pants too jeff

there was some local kid who was doing lke 720s adn tearing it up getting so much air and they have a really nice picnick table

another cool thing i saw when i was at okemo last year was these kids ste up this kicker to the rail of a little bridge over a lond ditch that led to their house on a main trial had really nice wood raillings on the sides and we sessioning that thing all day

Edited by boarder1547

yo i was just on okemos site and it looks like theyre getting some sweet stuff this year

http://www.okemo.com/trails/parkjibphotos.html

check it out

i remember seeing almost all of that stuff last year, but they have some really nice parks. They had a nice skiiercross/boardercross on the south peak, that was nice.... :D

the titanic is soooo gay.. boulders rails arent even that great. there really generic rails, nothing is original. A rail as big as the titanic and way its setup is just gay.. it really takes no skill, it takes speed. and rails like that, take the fun out of cuz you ahve to go mach 10 into it and its just toooo much thinking. I went there a couple times and i mean its nice..but the run takes 3 secs to get down and 20 min back up. its not even worth it. if you want to compare, compare to creek cuz nothing can beat that. As named by Transworld " number 1 in jib and jib variety"

I can clearly say and will put money on it. that shawnees park will wreck boulders.

they should get a pipe first then talk. not a 100 foot long bank.

and if you guys ahvent realized. that pic of the multi jumps.. is the landing. you can see that is going downhill. They are actually going to be booters.

Also, the spine. Alright guys. A spine in skiing and snowboarding. is not like a spine in biking or skateboarding. A spine in snow is a 2 sides hip. inwhich that is. just to clear some things up. because if you guys can have fun clearing over the 2 foot deck like that..man you guys need to learn some stuff. so yeah. a spine= a 2 sided hip.

About the pipe. i work there in the summer. and i was up there during construction..that picture looks pretty weak. but those walls are atleast 8-10 feet deep. that was like the frist day..and yes its pretty wide. they want 13-15 foot walls of snow. believe me, they know what there doing. Sunday river of Maine trained them with the snowcats over the summer.

ok dude listen, boulders getting madd new shit too if you havent heard. this year theyre making their own rails, they have a dude making all custom rails this year which is gonna call for some insane stuff. boulders park last year is equal to what shawnees will be this year. boulder is way ahead of the game compared to the other places around here, and theyre groomers are the greatest in the pocs with building jumps. and the reason why theyre pipe was so bad last year was because they waited to long to make it. they had snow sitting there all year and didnt even shape it until the end of january, and by then all the snow underneath was completely ice. and lets see, how many pipes does shawnee have? 1. and how many does boulder have? 2. last year they didnt get both open but ive been hearing that this year theyll have them both up. and five bucks says you cant even do the titanic cuz you were afraid of it. and dont you ever bash on boulder again or me, insomniac, and gurp will be all over your ass