12.08.06: Big Boulder Park Report

ParkLogic

Currently Big Boulder Park is offering the following terrain features on 'Freedom Park':

-16ft Flat Box

-20ft Flat Box (new)

-Tree Jib

-20ft Down Rail

-20ft Down Box

-20ft Flat Box

-30ft Flat Box (wide)

Snowmaking!!!!! Truly amazing! While the snow is piling up, literally, we wanted to give our other park trails some time to accumulate a plentiful amount of snow. We anticipate having a few new features on 'Merry Widow' for the weekend and we'll begin a full-blown park build early next week after a few more days of snowmaking!

Yea no other mountain has close to the amount of snow/trails/park features open so I have a feeling this weekend is going to be BUSY at JFBB. I'm thinking of going Sunday or Monday, depends. I'm torn because Monday will be cheaper, but I really liked the park at BB, and it won't open until 3 so, how much is opening up at JF this weekend?

just an FYI

I called up the Jack Frost phone number for the condition report, hoping to hear something the website didnt have. Sounds like they're gonna be charging full price there tomorrow...and it says they'll only have 40% of the mountain open. I could only assume Big Boulder is the same.

I'm going to Blue Mt. They'll have 1/2 price tickets (I called today). Its closer, and cheaper, plus I really only like JF when the one side of the mountain with the expert trails is open.

just an FYI

I called up the Jack Frost phone number for the condition report, hoping to hear something the website didnt have. Sounds like they're gonna be charging full price there tomorrow...and it says they'll only have 40% of the mountain open. I could only assume Big Boulder is the same.

I'm going to Blue Mt. They'll have 1/2 price tickets (I called today). Its closer, and cheaper, plus I really only like JF when the one side of the mountain with the expert trails is open.

BB has everything except for 3 main trails open. There is a shit load of snow and they are still blowing. The snow is really dry and powdery. There is some ice, because of the wind blowing the snow around, but by tommorrow, that shouldn't be an issue

anyone also know if there will be any hits tomorrow?

Well form what i know there will be no park on merry widow or big boulder trails this weekend. But they are planning on putting 2 jumps on freedom for sunday. Not sure if its gonna happen but thats the plan