When r they opening

Matt80

i just called there and they said there not opening the 15 there opening the friday after

Well of course they are going to give you the earliest logical date for their expected open, everything in the ski world is dependent on weather. If the forecast was calling for 60's all next week they could still say they are attempting to open next friday, weather depending. But they still have a LOT of shit to do up there, but i'm hoping they can pull it out for friday. The lodge has carpeting in it now, but there is still a big tarp draped over the food area so it's hard to tell about the progress there. I saw 6 new tower guns going up mainline, 3 of which are at the base area where mainline and highball connect. I couldn't see any on highball but they could be along the tree line. They are on switch too but was too hard to count them.

No.If you noticed.It rained today and its not cold enough to blow and wont be for the next like 9-10 days.They probably wont open till after Christmas.

My guess is that they will be blowing every chance they get as soon as it's cold enough. They likely missed the last cold window to make snow because they weren't finished with the new piping.

It would be nice if they had an update on their website though!

quick update from what was said at meeting today.

-hoping to have magic carpet for snowtubing for early January

-a trailer is going to be in the parking lot by phoebe where tickets will be sold so no walking down the steps

-season passes still aren't ready

-more snowguns are on the way, said something about them being helicoptered in either tuesday, wednesday, or thursday.

Mentioned about 2 new groomers at the same time he was talking about the snowguns, so i don't know if he meant the snowguns or groomers were going to be brought in my heli.

-appears that a lot of trees are cut down already for the "loki terrain park"

-2 tower guns on bunny, not 1.

-lodge is looking to be in better shape, carpet and tables are in

-doesn't need to be said but, they still say they are shooting for Friday opening

- Sno Mountain sign didn't go up on the front of the lodge yet, but there was a guy walking around in a moose suit

Just got off the phone with my friend from back home. He's home for break now and went up to Sno today to get a job. They pretty much hired him on the spot. I think I'll probobly follow suit when I get home next week. Maybe I'll apply to be the guy in the moose suit.

Rossi, why are you getting a pass if you are working up there? Dont tell me they arent letting employees ski for free. If so, good thing im not working there/not skiing anymore. But, yesterday i handed in an application down at Bear Creek Ski Shack, and i know the owners best friend, so hopefully that helps me out.

Rossi, why are you getting a pass if you are working up there? Dont tell me they arent letting employees ski for free. If so, good thing im not working there/not skiing anymore. But, yesterday i handed in an application down at Bear Creek Ski Shack, and i know the owners best friend, so hopefully that helps me out.

Employees can ride mon-friday for free i think. I didn't need the money for anything else so i just decided to buy a pass. Vouchers annoy me, but they may use a different system this year, i don't know. When i worked in the lodge it was a pain in the ass to get a voucher for a ticket, i imagine lifts would be different though. I'm pretty sure there won't be any guest passes this year. Why are you trying to get a job at a ski shop if you aren't skiing anymore?

Employees can ride mon-friday for free i think. I didn't need the money for anything else so i just decided to buy a pass. Vouchers annoy me, but they may use a different system this year, i don't know. When i worked in the lodge it was a pain in the ass to get a voucher for a ticket, i imagine lifts would be different though. I'm pretty sure there won't be any guest passes this year. Why are you trying to get a job at a ski shop if you aren't skiing anymore?

Because skiing is the only thing i know. I still love skiing, i just want to take this year off, so my body feels better. And plus if im not skiing this year, why not get a job, were i could pass my knowledge on to others.

-doesn't need to be said but, they still say they are shooting for Friday opening

the 23rd is Saturday not Friday :banghead

-shooting for opening day on Saturday *

Because skiing is the only thing i know. I still love skiing, i just want to take this year off, so my body feels better. And plus if im not skiing this year, why not get a job, were i could pass my knowledge on to others.

I understand the love of the sport. I thought you were just sick of doing it, that's why i was asking about working at a shop. If you get the job does that mean discounted tune-ups for the PASR folks? :wiggle

the 23rd is Saturday not Friday :banghead

-shooting for opening day on Saturday *

I understand the love of the sport. I thought you were just sick of doing it, that's why i was asking about working at a shop. If you get the job does that mean discounted tune-ups for the PASR folks? :wiggle

Im not sick of doing, it just more bored by it, and more sick of the injuries.

So let me get this straight, if I work there this year doing lifts or rentals, I get a free pass thats only good monday thru friday? No weekend skiing for employees?

That's pretty screwed up. I think a resort should just give a straight up season pass. Jeez, it's not like there will be any effect on liftlines because a few employees are skiing. If that's really the policy, it needs to be fixed. They obvioulsy need the most help on Sat/Sun days, so why lose good employees that are willing to ski weekend afternoons/nights?

So let me get this straight, if I work there this year doing lifts or rentals, I get a free pass thats only good monday thru friday? No weekend skiing for employees?

As of now, that's the way it stands, yes. Maybe rentals is different but i would imagine it's a rule for all mountain employees.