Blue Blizzard Card, Skiing this weekend, whatever else pops in my head...

stever2003

Hey guys. don't call me a noob...but my friend and I bought a Blue Blizzard Card back when it was $30 in October. I was thinking it'd save me a lot of money. That was before I realized Blue had a student rate (did they always have a student rate?) and the only time the card will really be beneficial is for night skiing.

I know the card is non-transferrable, but how do they check? reason is, I'm supposed to teach a friend to ski this weekend and I'm trying to help keep costs down for us (she needs rentals too), so it would be nice for me to use my friend's Blizzard Card to get a few bucks off, but I don't want to get in trouble or have the cards confiscated. Chances are, the regular rate will be cheaper than the Blizzard card rate anyway, so I probably will not have this problem. However, I am simply curious.

As for skiing this weekend...can somebody who's been there a lot give me the weekend outlook? I was up at Blue this past weekend and am happy with the trails they've opened since, but will the snow hold up with this weather? If not, can I make a cheap day at another mountain? Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

For anyone who cares, I live in west philly so it's not cost effective for me to get a season pass since i can't get up there every day, or even a few times a week. I have a lot of trips planned this year though!

Unfortunately, I've never really been able to justify getting a season pass. last year i skiied 8 times...6 of them at Blue. the two years before that, I had injuries that prevented me from going up...i think i skiied about 4 times total those two years. this year i could possibly have gotten it, but my money situation is iffy and i have a job that isn't too flexible with Blue Mountain's schedule :(. i just got my first pair of skis over the summer (early x-mas present :)) and i have a car, but next year is looking good for possibly getting a season pass.

My card # is in the 300s and my friend's is in the 400s, so i figure there's a handful of people who do have it. I'll let you all know how it works if/when i actually get to use the card. otherwise, i can't complain, since i don't plan on paying more than $39 to ski at blue this year.

when is the deadline for the early season pass?

Blue Blizzard card is not as good as CB's...At Cb the $75 you spend gets you 50% off every ticket except Saturdays (only 25%). I called blue to see if the card could be used on morning passes. It can only be applied to full day or twilight passes, so I didn't buy one. I should have bought a pass to Blue, if I get 15 days in there this year I'll get one this spring, before the deadline.

Edited by poconoceancity

june 16th or there about...

be careful what you say about cheating mountains on here...they do monitor these boards.....infact, a member here had legal action threatened against them for trying to sell their season pass.

:ph34r:

thanks for the heads up. please don't get the wrong idea...i'm not trying to cheat the mountains. i pay for my ticket whenever i ski, that is only fair. it is tough being a college student, and it is hard to get other people into the sport because of the cost of a ticket and rentals. it would just be nice if there was a cheap way to introduce people to skiing/boarding without having to rape their wallets or restrict them to the bunny slope for the day.