Places to eat?

method9455

So I have found I usually hit up Jack Frost first, then drive over to Big Boulder. I stopped at a pizza place on the corner of 940 and 115 that was pretty good last time when I left Jack Frost, but I'm wondering if there is anywhere else for deli sandwiches, burgers, whatever, in between the two mountains to avoid paying a huge amount for food.

Edit: A place with a good bacon egg and cheese sandwich would be clutch.

Edited by Method9455

So I have found I usually hit up Jack Frost first, then drive over to Big Boulder. I stopped at a pizza place on the corner of 940 and 115 that was pretty good last time when I left Jack Frost, but I'm wondering if there is anywhere else for deli sandwiches, burgers, whatever, in between the two mountains to avoid paying a huge amount for food.

Edit: A place with a good bacon egg and cheese sandwich would be clutch.

On your way to BB from JF cut through Split Rock. There is a deli on the left just past Shanninagans called Juniors. They have by far the best Breakfast sandwiches in the Poconos. That way is shorter than taking 940 to 115 to 903.

On your way to BB from JF cut through Split Rock. There is a deli on the left just past Shanninagans called Juniors. They have by far the best Breakfast sandwiches in the Poconos. That way is shorter than taking 940 to 115 to 903.

Coming from the west on I-80, I tried getting off at exit 277 of 80 to 940, then cut through Split Rock. It actually took me longer than staying on 80 and getting off at exit 284, because of the slow winding roads through Split Rock. But yeah, there are a couple places to eat, if you cut through Split Rock.

Wawa

Wawa would be going way out of the way, from JF to BB.

Edited by bigdaddyk

If you are coming from 903 go past the Big Boulder sign about half a mile. On the right next to the fire station is the best sandwich shop ever. The Country Peddler. It's a general store also so if you need something they probably have it. Their sandwiches and soups are the ticket. If you are lucky you can catch a Buffalo Chicken Wrap on special.

I'm going with wawa as well. Instead of spending the quarter to go through split rock, you might as well just go back out 940, stop at wawa, and then just take 115 to 903. It might take a little bit longer, but you're also getting food.

As for actual good food places that are cheap and close, I've been wondering this myself, but everything everyone says is just confusing the hell out of me. Someone should just draw a local area map or something.

There's an Arby's right after you get off the TP....wawa on the corner of 940 and 115....make a left off 940 by the wawa and theres the Blakeslee Diner, if you make a right at that same intersection I believe theres a bar type place near the bait shop.

I remember when I was like 8 my dad would take me to Lake Harmony Beverage....I'd get an empty plastic bag and fill it with like 300 pounds of candy there