people can be quite stupid

tell_them_nothing

But weren't Bear Creek locals complaining that Bear Creek was slacking on the snowmaking and waited until pretty late at night to start blowing snow on the few key days? It also amazes me that Spring is open with limited terrain despite two rainstorms and Bear Creek closed last week..

As far as I can remember for the past two years (before that I wasn't as into skiing as I am now), in my opinion ... Bear is always a little slow to blow. They always take it easy and never as aggressive as JFBB or Blue and this year they are paying for it, dearly. They always try to open around the 15th-ish and never try to blow until a few days before that.

Let's hope they can get open ASAP.

up until today spring had solid cover on that one main top to bottom trail by the lodge (which they consider two trails) and then on the side of the lower half they had two mailboxes, their c-box, and a fun new flat box that some kind soul donated. about noon today they closed the flat box because all the snow around it was melting. the owner said it should be set up again tomorrow, but they're definitely going to be hurting for snow in other places. they should be able to survive until they can blow at night though.

i sure hope they do blow tonight, because possibly the next few nights might be blowing temps too, it would be nice to snowboard there on new years . a long shot but i can hope can't i :rolleyes: also the humidity is very low right now so i guess that makes it easier to blow

Edited by supertrooper12

So yeah, I was just watching the 6o-clock news on CHannel 6 and they just did a little piece on the ski resorts,Live from Bear. All I can say is WOW! Bear looks horrible! There is more grass and mud than snow. I knew their conditions were bad,but I didnt know they were THAT bad! Its gonna take more then a "few" nights of blowing to get open with a nice base.

Hope they blow tonight,it sure as he77 is freezin out right now!! :wiggle

..adam..

So yeah, I was just watching the 6o-clock news on CHannel 6 and they just did a little piece on the ski resorts,Live from Bear. All I can say is WOW! Bear looks horrible! There is more grass and mud than snow. I knew their conditions were bad,but I didnt know they were THAT bad! Its gonna take more then a "few" nights of blowing to get open with a nice base.

Hope they blow tonight,it sure as he77 is freezin out right now!! :wiggle

..adam..

There was an article in today's Pottstown Mercury that had a big, grassy pic of BC. It brought tears to my eyes. Oh winter... where are you? Oh... at Blue... OK then.

i wouldve went to blue tonight but spring mountain was quicker on such short notice. $15 lift tickets bc it was student night. Not as good as blue but it was riding which i havent done for almost 2 weeks till now. I dont know how they did it but spring has a good 1+ ft base and they had 3 rails. If only they had a park crew :banghead

Spring should hire parklogic and get a bus in the park..

A bus is so cliche :lol:

maybe a VW minibus?

... the rear end of a tractor trailor! That would be sick. I think I saw something like that in an old 411.