5. Jump

6. 24ft Down rail

7. 24ft Down box

8. 40ft 40" wide box

9. 24ft Flat box

10. Log jib

Big Boulder Park - Expert

Updated 12/21/06

Were in the middle of getting some more snow on boulder so when we do build the big park its BIG. Our expected opening is next week some time. Deff keep checking back and keep a look out for a huge channel gap. -ian-

Progression Pipe

Updated 12/21/06

We are looking at a mid jan opening of our pipe. In years past our pipe has always lacked but this year we have a nice rebuilt zaugg ready to make a nice high walled pipe. I'll have a better idea of a projected date with in a week or two. -ian-

Good public relations right there...

we know joe, park manager at RT, good people! he was venting his frustration, they have a lot of plans at Round Top this year and while they are fairing a little better than Bear, I have a hunch the rain is going to close them. It was his way of saying, you guys are so lucky. :rofl

my thoughts after tonights skiing...

loud, obnoxious, freezing cold, really good park.

music could be heard all over the mountain, and probably in the houses at the bottom. really pissed me off...

i dont know why i was so cold, but i was freezing my ass off so that didnt help.

boulder park right now is ungroomed i guess, has rollers and humps but theyre spaced out really wierd so you cant go really fast.

icy.

thats all. amazing park though, jumps were perfect. and i mean perfect (even though perfection is hard to conquer)

and that list is wrong...

Updated 12/21/06

1. 40ft Down box

2. 40ft Hand rail

3. 32ft Flat box

4. True 25'+ Jump

5. 42ft Up box (not there)

6. True 25'+ Jump

7. 46ft Up flat down box

8. 40ft A frame rail/a>

9. Huge Metel Pipe (not there)

Freedom Park - Beginner

Updated 12/21/06

1. 20ft Flat box

2. 16ft Picnic table

3. Jump

4. Log jib (not there)

5. Jump

6. 24ft Down rail

7. 24ft Down box

8. 40ft 40" wide box

9. 24ft Flat box

10. Log jib

I agree with the music thing. Just turn it off. I've never been to a mountain where it added anything to the park at all. You will never get the music right for everyone. If you want to ride with music, head over to ebay. I spent $30 for a Creative Zen Nano, it is the size of 2 AAA batteries, 1/2 gb, bought it last week. Spend 4 dollars for earbuds or hook up the helmet. Head out for $40 and have whatever music you want, the whole package weighs like 5 ounces even if you bring an extra battery, less than my car keys. It was great today with my own music.

And shadows is right, there are some features missing from that list, BUT i think they are going in overnight

Yeah I've still yet to bring my I-pod shuffle skiing with me and tomorrow looks like a no-go for the I-pizzle due to the rain...unless I put it in a plastic baggie or something. I think music in the park is a good idea..but not to loud because you want to be able to hear people yelling drop..

Only problem with Ipods - the batteries die fast in the cold. I had the Mini and it became a problem. I like the Creative because it was super cheap so if I break it, I don't care, and it uses AAA batteries so you can carry 2 and it lasts like 15 hours each (in normal weather), in cold weather I bet like 8 or 9 per battery. My Ipod went from like the usual 10 down to like 4, and as the battery died over the season it eventually could go like 30 minutes which sucked. Now it can't last through a song even in normal weather, but its plugged into my car all the time so it is not really portable anymore anyway.

like for me the speaker thing is fine ha, a lot of the music they play is sick, but its really loud (you kinda get used to it though you just have to talk really loud..er at least thats how it was for me), i just have a hard time focusing when youre wearing headphones..idk hard to explain haha

music could be heard all over the mountain, and probably in the houses at the bottom. really pissed me off...

I agree. Turn the music off. When I was at BB, there were two different systems playing music. The closer you got to the park, you could hear two different channels over-riding each other. Noise pollution on the mountain is not what I'm looking for. You don't go to a mountain to hear blaring music, it takes away from the tranquility. It also takes away from the family atmosphere. Older people don't want to hear music that younger people listen to. Maybe the traditional PA system music of a local station would be enough.

And shadows is right, there are some features missing from that list, BUT i think they are going in overnight

That list is the planned weekend list. I got it from the website because I figure that most people won't browse to thier website.

What I am gthering is that the music in the park is good but in order to please everyone so far who has commented it should be turned down some?

definitely...

it takes away from the peaceful atmosphere that skiing/riding a mtn has. i want to hear it in the park, no where else. and since there are 3 (right?) parks on the mtn, pick one park and put the music there. dont just play it loud so that the park on the other side of the mtn has music too. or just turn it off all together.

i was there when they didnt have music, and it was a really cool scene, people talking, learning new stuff and just being chill.

now with the music (being loud and all) its more of a cocky, obnoxious, high energy kind of scene. which is still fine i guess, just not for me.

by the way, there are a lot of good skiers there haha

everyone is just so good.

I agree, lower it a bit for everyone else, and the people who have music of there own. I like riding with my own music, certain songs make me ride much better. I think the only park that needs it is the Freedom park. That is kind of the vibe park, lots of people hiking and hanging out. The other parks are more flow type parks, people doing top to bottom runs for the most part, can't really hear the music over the wind when you are going fast anyway.