Good idea?

Stevo

thats a really sweet idea, i think that would work, all it would take is some commitment during the summer we could have some bangn' hits out here on the ice coast. I don't think you would even need the ramp, all that would need to happen is push some dirt around to get nice long steep landings. Because if you think about it, all of the snow is going to the base of the jump and the landing (with step downs) so the only mas amount of snow would be the take off. Table tops are a whole different thing and in my opinion are just a waste of snow.

this is a good idea but wut wud happen if newbs jus keep rolling over the lip wud the snow get down to the wood??? idk good shit though

the same thing that happens to jumps built from all snow. park crew adds snow and fixes it up. it would probobly be much easier to maintain a good shape since its basically already there.

i dont think it would work cause of all the people going off the jumps, the snow would come off quick. DC Mtn lab only has a handful of riders using that jump

it would work, as long as the weather was right. Once snow is over the wood, and frozen there, it would stay. Granted more snow would be needed after a ton of people used the ramp. It would have to be upkept just like regular snow kickers. With the wood ramp base you just need enough snow on top to keep it running.

Anything is worth a try.

I agree the idea is a good one. In my opinion the wood is a good option. I think in our areas the trough for the snow would have to be deeper than that one because it gets tracked out over the course of a day.

Plus it would cut down on the number of people riding over it, if the front is fully vertical that is a hard fall, a lot of people now ride over the lip because the other side is a ramp and they can ski down it.

Plus, you could possible have the wood on the sides extend up beyond the snow level, which would prevent people from using them to go off the sides.

If they are worried about the snow melting faster because can go under it, just make the wood part waterproof and fill it with water on snowmaking nights, it would freeze into an ice block with snow on top, keeping the snow cold. BUT, it wouldn't take compressed air, and it would take less grooming, meaning less energy costs, less grooming time, less reliance on weather.

I don't see any disadvantage other than that it isn't as easy to take down if you have to regroom the park or plow out a jump.

• 4 weeks later...

for the record, IT DOES WORK, and if you want proof look at the new teaser for DC MTN LAB VIDEO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all you would have to do is have a park crew just check on it to make sure the snow holds up and fill it when nesseceary and on the shoobie thing, do you really think a shoobie would just ROLL OVER something like that???? put it in a big park like boulder park or rhodo or mtn creek where you can patrol the ppl hitting it and make sure they know what thier doing

for the record, IT DOES WORK, and if you want proof look at the new teaser for DC MTN LAB VIDEO 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all you would have to do is have a park crew just check on it to make sure the snow holds up and fill it when nesseceary and on the shoobie thing, do you really think a shoobie would just ROLL OVER something like that???? put it in a big park like boulder park or rhodo or mtn creek where you can patrol the ppl hitting it and make sure they know what thier doing

yeah the jump itself works if its kept in good shape but RocketPower boy the new dc video isnt another mt.lab video, its a legit video but the promo is just all mt lab fuck around shots

the new dc video isnt another mt.lab video, its a legit video but the promo is just all mt lab fuck around shots

u sure, it does sa follow up to the Mtn Lab DVD, i am assuming that it is another mtn lab movie. Is there a release or article saying it is a full movie? I was lookin round and didn't find one, but with that line up they got now, i'd def be lookin forward to it.

u sure, it does sa follow up to the Mtn Lab DVD, i am assuming that it is another mtn lab movie. Is there a release or article saying it is a full movie? I was lookin round and didn't find one, but with that line up they got now, i'd def be lookin forward to it.

there is still gonan be tons of mt lab stuff in it as you would expect but renee renee said they would have legit shots this eyar too so i dont know how credible renee renee is but he should know more than us