BC Iron Works presents: Melt Down Jib Fest

BC Iron Works

Thanks for all the continued support. We are definitely having a rough spell but we continue to remain optimistic about the remainder of the season...despite the gloomy 10-day forecast.

I got pretty excited this morning when I woke up to a 26F reading, only to came up to the mountain to discover our lowest reading all night was 31.3 and our lowest wet-bulb temperature was 30.1, a full 2 degrees above the maximum for snowmaking!

It seems our sacrifice of homemade wooden skis was not enough to appease the gods. We might have to step up the offerings. I am almost afraid to ask this crowd, but any thoughts on the next step?

Uhhh... got any virgins? ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gonna be real sick.....i think u guys should put out ur best stuff to really attract people...like the some of the new boxes because i garuntee most people will be more comfortable puttin down tricks on the flat boxes then the rails...all though puttin more rails out might keep most of the beginners out of the way? :angry:

Helmets are required, Were are trying to set up three features today, the picnic table, 25ft flat rail, and 30ft flat box, the only reason they wouldnt all be set up is lack of snow, though i dont see much of an issue with the plan, The jib fest will take place on Cub Run, just above the base area. There will be a registration table there, please bring id. Hope to see you all there, ANDY

YEAHH def the flat box and the flat rail ( iassume your talking about the red rail, the one that was set up by the top of the half pipe when you guys were open this year) but the picnic table.......not so much. If it can only be 2 things the flat box and the flat rail for sure..!!!! the picnic table is kinda fun but its so short and stuff...

just got back

i got there around 5:45...took around 10 runs and left at 8... In the beginning it was a 5-10 minute wait, at the end it was 20+ minutes for 2 hits... took about 3 more runs with the wait and decided it wasnt worth it. Overall it was a lot of fun, props to BC and the park crew for making this happen.

Everything was pretty sick!! DJ Cali being there was pretty awesome. My only complaint is that the lips for the box and the rail needed to be wider and less booter style. Take the lips up to the rails at BB, their nice and wide and short, you want a decent ollie on ( height, not so much distance) and also i didnt really hit the box a whole lot so i dont know about that, but the rail was set up crooked when compared to the jump. If you go look at the picture on the website you can even see it. (look at the one with the picnic table in the foreground and then look at the lip to the red rail and then look at the rail itself). Other then that everything was super fun. It was nice having the red rail roped off so you could just hit that instead of having to do the picnic table to. Having the raffle was also another good idea. Overall a really fun time, just one or 2 things that could have been improved on, but other then that... AWESOME!!!

oh yeah and whoever takes the photos for the website needs to try and get the subjects whole body in the shot and not just like their board...... some of the shots are really good and then others were just snapped to early or are only of like the board, or the board and legs... kinda looks like i gave my little brother a really good camera and told him here shoot some pics. haha j/k but just, whoever takes the pics try and get them in the middle of the rail and get their whole body, not just their board and legs.. you know?

Everything was pretty sick!! DJ Cali being there was pretty awesome. My only complaint is that the lips for the box and the rail needed to be wider and less booter style. Take the lips up to the rails at BB, their nice and wide and short, you want a decent ollie on ( height, not so much distance) and also i didnt really hit the box a whole lot so i dont know about that, but the rail was set up crooked when compared to the jump. If you go look at the picture on the website you can even see it. (look at the one with the picnic table in the foreground and then look at the lip to the red rail and then look at the rail itself). Other then that everything was super fun. It was nice having the red rail roped off so you could just hit that instead of having to do the picnic table to. Having the raffle was also another good idea. Overall a really fun time, just one or 2 things that could have been improved on, but other then that... AWESOME!!!

oh yeah and whoever takes the photos for the website needs to try and get the subjects whole body in the shot and not just like their board...... some of the shots are really good and then others were just snapped to early or are only of like the board, or the board and legs... kinda looks like i gave my little brother a really good camera and told him here shoot some pics. haha j/k but just, whoever takes the pics try and get them in the middle of the rail and get their whole body, not just their board and legs.. you know?

Be careful- our GM Mark actually took those shots! =)

But anyway, I'm glad to hear that you had a good time, and we appreciate the constructive criticism.

and we appreciate the constructive criticism.

You have to with these guys. Jeez PASR's give BC and BCMark a break. Attention Mark: You can come to my house and take pics any way you want................................................. as long as you bring at least as much snow as was in the pics.