Siblet at Big Sky FIS

sibhusky

i like the first one the best. But i'm not looking at it through the eyes of a racer.

Ha, well, 'Dude might point out how in the last photo, she has no counter-rotation, her hands are driving forward, she's skeletally stacked nicely...it would be hard to distinguish her from a WC in that photo, not unlike JohnnyP's signature photo.

Very, very, very, nice....

Yeah, I like that last one best myself. I've decided to show her all that are taken and get the one she likes the best. She's pretty fussy. The kicker is, she did better yesterday. Today's course was supposedly "cursed". Two girls left on sleds, there were endless long delays, some girls came down crying, one of the top contenders gave up three gates from the bottom....

Edited by sibhusky

Looking good, Sibby. Did it help her points?
In a word, no. The first GS helped her FIS points slightly, but none have helped her USSA points. Of course, she didn't have dryland training or ANY skiing until she got here mid-December, so it's not surprising. At this point in her career, it's not about "moving up", it's just about enjoying the race. School is just too much work for her to spend time preparing for races anymore. Sad, but it's reality. Unfortunately, you get to an age where you are up against kids who are still hoping they'll make the US Ski Team, not a lot of happy amateurs. We hope that she will just keep her hand in until she can qualify for Masters racing.