JF Sat. 1-6-07

bigdaddyk

I just got back from JF. Got there at 7:45 am and the slopes were still closed at 8. They were still pushing snow around because there were areas that were completely gone between the triple and quad chairs at the top. I talked to some employees and they said that the slopes got hammered. They said that BB was thinner than JF. They were even talking about tearing down the park and taking the snow off of it to use elsewhere. I didn't bother to hang around, since they said it would be a while until they could get everything done. :banghead

Edited by bigdaddyk

Props to Jack Frost for trying to stay open..every ski area east of the Mississippi right now is going through the same thing..I felt like a wuss bailing out but my inner instinct told me that I was either going to damage my skis or go over the handlebars on a gluey spot..What were the temperatures like? Today is the first day I slept late (8:30AM) since Christmas and I've already done laundry and taken out the trash and it's still not to late to get Mickey D's breakfast..time moves by slowly when you're not skiing..
McDonalds serves breakfast until 11.

just back from Frost - they finally opened about 9.. WARM,,, not too many people...

Not sure how much longer they can hang on... Lots of WET spots, Lots of brown starting to show thru, getting narrow in places... But its OPEN and Its White (kinda),

I heard East was the best (but didnt bother to go over there) :banghead

Hey it counts as a ski day..

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7172#

Ya the fog is the real snow executioner.There will probally be a round of Apache fog tonight or in the AM after the wind's die down.Plus,the rain Sunday/Monday and another round of Killer fog afterward's.It's ashame JFBB have all their major competition's\event's during this time frame.It's probally too late to reschedule them too.Thankfully good snowmaking weather is coming up Wednesday and there should be a rapid recovery for MLK weekend for all the area's,even though right now it's looking rainy next weekend too.

Edited by YummerzZz