tretiak

TENT SALE

RENTAL SHOP TENT SALE

NOVEMBER 13th & 14th

NEW & USED EQUIPMENT

LOCATED AT THE SUMMIT LODGE

10:00AM TO 4:00PM 

just thought u guys should know that

yup, saw it on their site, im gunna try to pick up a pair of used rental skis, to use as rock skis that i can beat up :D

what is cheap? are we talking about picking up an old pair of rentals for under $50?

camelback sold the snowblades for $50 a pair....i wouldn't mind spending $50 on a pair of those white skis they use as rentals at blue. They have a 70mm waist or so, would be great for spring conditions and rock skiing :D

have fun skiing the verse 5s. also have fun ripping your bindings out of them if you take a good fall.

dude, every post i make about equipment, you always have a comment. The reason I'd pay $50 would be so I could beat the crap out of the skis. You may be Mr "Expert" when it comes to what Nestors sells, but you don't sell everything, including the best skis, Atomics. If its good snow, I'd ski the Atomics. If its 50 degrees, and raining in Okemo where 1/2 the trails aren't covered with snow, as it was last year, I'm skiing the $50 skis. :)

have fun skiing the verse 5s. also have fun ripping your bindings out of them if you take a good fall.

Dude what is your problem???, FIRST of all they are NOT rental skis. As I said above, I got a decent pair for $60 and they were not rentals. Second as atomic said you may work for nestors but I could care less about what you have to say about equipment because whenever someone on here mentiones a certain brand you go and diss the company just like you dissed atomic. Answer me this why would someone go out and ski in spring conditons in mid march and ruin there good skis??? Thats why everyone who plans to buy used ones are using them as rock skis. Oh and I have a question for you, you claim the reason why nestors prices are high is because they cannot be sold less than a certain price unless they are on sale, I agree with you there but how comes on websites they have the same gear listed cheaper than at nestors, how comes the loft is cheaper than nestors?

• 2 weeks later...

the only brand of skis i have ever ripped on is atomic, and the cheap salomon rental skis. i've skiied both, and thought they skiied like crap, and i worked in blue's rental shop before and have seen how those skis fall apart. i've seen people come back with heel peices ripped out of the ski. everyone on this board takes me way to seriously, its called sarcasm. never once did i say i was an expert. i consider myself to be knowledgeable, but not an expert. i am just stating my opinion on the skis. and as far as websites selling things cheaper, its not a physical store in some cases, which lets them get around that. also, different types of shops have different minimum prices; i.e mtn shops, city shops, online shops. that is part of the reason you see differences in prices. i am guessing that the loft would be considered a mountain shop because of thier proximity to camelback. also, i haven't been up there this year so i dont know what they are charging for things. some stuff we sell, yes, it is overpriced. most of the time, no, its right where any other reputable shop would be selling it for. and about skiing in mid march, i skiied the same pair of skis all year last year, for everything, from skiing at blue, to killington in late march, my front yard, philly, and encountered all sorts of conditions. until i used those skis last friday night for an early season rail session, the bases were in perfect working order.

You guys shouldn't worry about your skis so much. I rode the same pair all last year. I don't see how you guys have any fun if your always switching skis and worrying about hitting rocks.

yea switching is fun, and when you have nice race skis, you don't want them getting destroyed, as what happened to mine. its nice to have a pair of GS and SL skis, because of how radically different they are, its fun :D

dude, every post i make about equipment, you always have a comment.  The reason I'd pay $50 would be so I could beat the crap out of the skis.  You may be Mr "Expert" when it comes to what Nestors sells, but you don't sell everything, including the best skis, Atomics.  If its good snow, I'd ski the Atomics.  If its 50 degrees, and raining in Okemo where 1/2 the trails aren't covered with snow, as it was last year,  I'm skiing the $50 skis. :)

As far as I'm concerned, some of the best rock skis are used junior race skis. My wife skis Atomic 10.22's in 150. She's tiny (5', 90lbs or so), but the 160's would have been a blast for me. I also picked up a pair of used Rossi 9S junior slalom race skis in 150 for her, which I paid $36, plus $12 shipping.

There's no substitute for Skidudebay when it comes to cheap skis.

if i remember, i will take a pic of the bases of my skis this weekend, show ya what that rail session last friday did. i dont know why you would go out and buy another pair of skis just for crappy conditions though, just use an old pair you already have.

i wish i had an old pair....thats why i need to buy one :lol: