Newswatch 16 says opening Friday @ noon

bigdaddyk

I was just watching a replay of the noon news on one of Channel 16's news stations because I saw them fly over JF today. They did a segment on the ski areas and showed them grooming the slopes at Sno. They also said that Sno plans to open Friday at noon. Here's a segment from the WNEP website.

" The snow guns at Sno Mountain Resort in Scranton are going full blast. After postponing the opening of the ski resort formally known as Montage Mountain three times, management said they will open the slopes Friday at noon."

Edited by bigdaddyk

haha :werd i'll most likely be in a top shack, probably not in pheobe though since they sometimes have to help with unloading injuries.
oh,alright...well then just look for my jack and pants..ill be wearing what i have on in my sig but with a hat..probably orange,black or yellow.

When does everyone plan on being there tomorrow? I want to get first tracks at CB tomorrow, but may go to Sno later, or just go there instead. Any word on what will be open?

We'll be there at Noon, or so. It'll be interesting to see if they worked on Long Haul and have U/L Runaway or Fast Track. It's a risky lift to ride, for sure, since it breaks down so often and is slow as hell even if it works. But if you were the new owner, wouldn't you feel like you had to have at least one lift that runs top to bottom? We'll just be chillin' on whatever's open on the NF.

they will be opening with whistler, highball, and the bunny

Is that good or bad? From the WNEP video, it looked like they blew on quite a bit of the mt. For the first day, they are doing a lousy job of updating the website. I tried the phone, but got the same "check the website" recording :banghead .

Edited by bigdaddyk

Is that good or bad? From the WNEP video, it looked like they blew on quite a bit of the mt. For the first day, they are doing a lousy job of updating the website. I tried the phone, but got the same "check the website" recording :banghead .

It would be fine if it was November. It means a short blue square and no North Face. If true, it's TERRIBLE.