Opening Day

pyro_boarder

Lift lines really are going to suck.

It takes like sometimes a minute just to scan the ticket...like cant they just get a huge scanner above the lift or something so that people wont have to scan and it will just scan when you ski through it?

The beauty of RFID is that you don't need to be able to see, or even be able to locate the tags. The ideal lift ticket system would employ scanners like xNick suggested above. It would be some thing like things at the exits of grocery stores, you could just ski through and the system could detect the tags. There is no reason for hand held scanners. The need for them and the fact that they don't work well is a sign that they did a poor job when designing the system.

Do you know how who their RFID system is by so we could check them out?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the scanners may be hanging around for a while..aside from the battery dieing twice, they worked well tonight. Only had a few wrist bands that didn't work. And one actually said that the ticket had expired 35 minutes ago, first time i've seen that.
Who are you..really?

Like if you work their please say something to me next time you see me.Did you ever scan my pass before?

Who are you..really?

Like if you work their please say something to me next time you see me.Did you ever scan my pass before?

:rofl i just pretend to work there.

but really..I don't know who you are so i can't really say if i scanned your pass or not. I was at the bottom of iron horse tonight.

from the site:

News: Planet starts building Loki's Terrain Park

Planet Snow Design has been building pipes and parks since its inception in February 1998. It is a rider-driven company solely dedicated to creating the best snowboarding venues on the planet. The company is responsible for many of the industry

:rofl i just pretend to work there.

but really..I don't know who you are so i can't really say if i scanned your pass or not. I was at the bottom of iron horse tonight.

from the site:

News: Planet starts building Loki's Terrain Park

Planet Snow Design has been building pipes and parks since its inception in February 1998. It is a rider-driven company solely dedicated to creating the best snowboarding venues on the planet. The company is responsible for many of the industry

I was their till like 7 last night,and I was wearing the same thing as I am in my sig except a yellow hat.

When are you working next?

PS:Nice Update on the Park info.I cant wait to hit it.

Yeah i saw you..i'm working tonight 3-10:30, then friday(night), saturday(morning), sunday(night), monday(night). I only wear one tan glove on my left hand because my riding gloves won't fit over my cast..so just look for a fool wearing two different gloves and that will be me.

Any particular reason?

Only Whistler was open, which was getting snow blown on the whole thing. So snow in the face/ icy conditions. And you had to hike up from the Iron Horse to get to the base area.

Any particular reason?

Only Whistler was open, which was getting snow blown on the whole thing. So snow in the face/ icy conditions. And you had to hike up from the Iron Horse to get to the base area.

Any particular reason?

I suggest no one goes today, i took one run. Worst ski day of my life.

Hey, thanks Sno! Just because you said that, I just had to go up for a few runs. I like when things are really messed up...makes it sort of an adventure.

Anyway, I packed up Ty and we headed over a little after 6pm. It was about 15 degrees and it seemed like every gun on the mountain was on, including all the one's under Iron Horse. It was amazing to see the firepower Sno now has. It was a freaking blizzard! And they do have a good mix of the HDK's that make snow at higher temps. One is right outside the ski check and some more are at the top of Iron Horse. Whistler was the only run open, as Sno said, and you had to hike back up the hill, since everything else was roped. The snow was awesome, but too many guns hit you head-on. Windchills were around zero and it was hard to see, but we had a blast. I can see where it would be a drag for high speed runs, but it was cool for just tooling around.

Great freaking night in spite of the insane conditions! :rock

Edited by ski

hey riderrossi i think i seen u do u have an orange cast im wearin lime green pants wit a red jacket

Yeah orange cast..

They were blowing a whole bunch of snow all over the place tonight. Supposedly Phoebe is supposed to be open thursday, but don't hold me to that. They opened mainline around 8pm. By 10:30 there had to have been at least 4 or 5 inches of powder at the base where the guns were blowing. Cannonball is looking really good, look for that to be open soon. Tonight i volunteered for the top shack because i didn't want to be freezing my balls off. I took the top of shuttle and since mainline wasn't open until 8 i didn't see more than 20 people all night until it opened :rock

Tonight i volunteered for the top shack because i didn't want to be freezing my balls off. I took the top of shuttle and since mainline wasn't open until 8 i didn't see more than 20 people all night until it opened :rock
Ill be up their all day today.Im sure you will see me.