Contour grooming??

bigdaddyk

This must be what they did on Jane's Lane at JF. The turns on the lower half now have banks to them, like race tracks are banked.

they want ppl to get use to a park only mt

If they plan on making BB a park mt only, then they should get rid of all the parks at JF and make all of the trails free skiing/ riding. It's a fair trade off for people who don't do parks.

This must be what they did on Jane's Lane at JF. The turns on the lower half now have banks to them, like race tracks are banked.

If they plan on making BB a park mt only, then they should get rid of all the parks at JF and make all of the trails free skiing/ riding. It's a fair trade off for people who don't do parks.

agreed...this is getting ridiculous

I agree. I snowboard, but i love doing long trails. Moguls are a lot of fun too. This season just went right to terrain parks. I like all, parks and trails, but i hope regular longer trails stay in style. The mountain should still appeal to everyone.

there isn't any height at BB anyway, you get down it in like 2 seconds.

Thats why I think it would actually work at Boulder if they went all park. Its hard to find a trail there that I would actually want to ride for the fun of it, especially anything to skiers left of Merry Widow.

This would make sense if Big Boulder had the same hours as Jack Frost, however, Big Boulder doesn't open till three. On Tuesday I was with a little crew who rode Frost for a couple hours in the morn and then went to Boulder in the afternoon, and all our runs at Frost were down the parks. People must do this on a regular basis, because there are signs at the Wawa between Frost and Boulder that say "No ski boots please."

Don't get me wrong. I actually love the banked turns on Janes Lane. I often thought that would be fun. It's fun to get some speed and bank the turns, for something different :wiggle .

how can you possibly get down the first headwall with any kind of speed? Janes lane is a clusterfuck all the time...

Jordan

how can you possibly get down the first headwall with any kind of speed? Janes lane is a clusterfuck all the time...

Jordan

"Some" speed...not a whole lot. Just enough to get into the banked turns. You do have to watch for people. I had somebody cut me off when I was going from one bank to the other.

Edited by bigdaddyk