World Cup Results

First Grade Teacher

American Julia Mancuso continued her stellar January, winning a World Cup super G Friday ahead of two Austrian standouts.

Mancuso, who won the first World Cup race of her career before Christmas at Val d'Isere and won again last week in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee, was fastest Friday with a time of 1 minute, 16.25 seconds. Austrian Nicole Hosp was second, .33 back, with teammate Renate Goetschl third, .34 back.

American Lindsey Kildow, starting 30th as the last of the contenders, had a slow start but made up tons of time on the bottom half of the course, just failing to podium by finishing fourth, .39 back. Five U.S. women finished in the top 30.

:ph34r:

Edited by First Grade Teacher

Thanks mods...

A question: since 1st Grade Teacher has made good on his threat to continue to post results in headers, should all race fans THAT ARE PAYING FOR SAME DAY COVERAGE avoid PASR on weekends?

First of all..............how did I post results? "Hot tub girl takes it to the Hosp" is far from a result! AND second...........you are the ONLY person bitching! I hate to tell you but there are other people out there that don't subscribe to "SAME DAY COVERAGE" and want the results! Maybe you should watch your "SAME DAY COVERAGE" and relax! Is this your personal message board or what?

Don't watch ESPN you might hear the same thing the Big Bad Teacher posted!

Since the mods changed the subject prior to me seeing this thread, I didn't need to bitch, but ACCEPTED etiquette, both on this board and others, is to NOT POST results in the subject line of the posting. But, I guess those first graders couldn't tell you that.

I'll contact the media and ask them not to report the results of the Superbowl just in case you guys don't know who won! That way you can watch it on the NFL network whenever you want and not have to worry about ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS.................ruining it for you.

I'll contact the media and ask them not to report the results of the Superbowl just in case you guys don't know who won! That way you can watch it on the NFL network whenever you want and not have to worry about ESPN, ABC, NBC, CBS.................ruining it for you.

Actually, I don't even know who is playing? Was it today? I thought it was usually the last Sunday in January. That's always a good ski day, but I had to work today.

I was nice to you at first, 1st Grade. I stuck up for you when people were ready to smack you in the head. I cut you slack because you claimed to work in a school district that I'm pretty familiar with.

I'm just taking the time right now to once again explain something that I'm sure you already know, but I don't give a crap how nasty your response is...I just expect crap out of you.

So here's the deal: regular season World Cup isn't the fucking Super Bowl. The Olympics gets some same day press and it's impossible to avoid results. But for the last 10 years, it's been very easy to avoid hearing/reading results. It's rarely on Yahoo's main page (maybe twice in the last few years). And it's never on ESPN, ESPN2, or any other tv station. They don't run a ticker at the bottom of ESPN that says Didier Cuche won a SuperG. Ever.

To find results of World Cup racing, people have to HUNT for it.

I asked for you to avoid putting results in headers. Inside a post, write whatever the hell you want. Discuss Bode for pages, if you want. But saying Hot Tub Girl Takes it to Hosp is not World War II Nazi encryption....it means the "Lange" girl we just discussed and watched video of beat the current World Cup leader. It was posting a result in a header, right after we asked you to not do it. People paid money to catch the same day feed and you ruined it, just like you threatened.

That was so uncool...it was malicious and you should be banned, in my opinion. What you did was on par with stealing skis or a board.

So once again: post whatever you want and say whatever you want inside a thread, but leave results out of a header. Just how that fucking diminishes what you post is beyond me. And that's exactly why we all know you did it on purpose. Eh, that and the fact that you said you were going to do it. And if you just can't help yourself, wait a day or two and post 20 headers about Bode's next fall.

Now, me and the other World Cup race fans will crawl back into our holes and carefully avoid all the breaking news on CBS showing some French guy winning the next combined race in Slovenia. So you can stop worrying how hard we must have it.

Okay, the floor is your's...hate away...

To find results of World Cup racing, people have to HUNT for it.

That was so uncool...it was malicious and you should be banned, in my opinion. What you did was on par with stealing skis or a board.

You are ridiculous. Maybe if people showed more interest in the WC, coverage would be readily available. Hiding in your hole and buying a membership to watch it isn't going to help the cause. It's news! I thought you were a "Sports Reporter"?

Now I'm stealing skis! You are nuts! Maybe the member dropping the F-bomb every post should be banned. I personally could care less if you use the F-bomb but don't make me look like the worst guy on the Internet if your going to act like that. If I walked up to you and said "Bode won" or "F you" which would offend you more?

It wasn't me that removed the "ban" of using the "F Bomb". Look closely and you'll find it was mostly the repeated use of it by the teens on this MB that unofficially lifted the prohibition...and as long as it's not used in a sexual context, I see the point: who cares? It's just a word.

If you were a race fan and not just an angry person with a chip on his shoulder, you would understand that posting results in headers was on par with stealing skis. It's also on par with telling little kids there is no Santa Claus. So I can see where you enjoy spoiling it for everyone.

So you are being a "sports reporter" by cutting and pasting results? You feel that putting a result in a header is helpful? Has anyone ever said thank you for doing it? Go do it on TGR and be sure to add your phone number for people to call and congratulate you on that bright idea. Let us know what the general response is...

This has long been such a beaten horse. I don't even know why it's become my responsibilty to repeatedly ask you to stop ruining things. Just yesterday, I was talking to some friends from ASRA that lurk on this MB and they could not figure out what your problem was. They didn't know much about PASR other than this discussion. Six or seven people with a passion for ski racing were turned off to PASR because one guy gave away results in headers. Think I'm making that up? Come to any ASRA race and listen to them talk about the "jerk" that thinks he's doing people a favor.

I know I've asked you nicely and I know I've asked you angrily...but can you please just set aside whatever personal issues you feel you have with me and leave results inside the post? That's all I'm asking.

It wasn't me that removed the "ban" of using the "F Bomb". Look closely and you'll find it was mostly the repeated use of it by the teens on this MB that unofficially lifted the prohibition...and as long as it's not used in a sexual context, I see the point: who cares? It's just a word.

If you were a race fan and not just an angry person with a chip on his shoulder, you would understand that posting results in headers was on par with stealing skis. It's also on par with telling little kids there is no Santa Claus. So I can see where you enjoy spoiling it for everyone.

So you are being a "sports reporter" by cutting and pasting results? You feel that putting a result in a header is helpful? Has anyone ever said thank you for doing it? Go do it on TGR and be sure to add your phone number for people to call and congratulate you on that bright idea. Let us know what the general response is...

This has long been such a beaten horse. I don't even know why it's become my responsibilty to repeatedly ask you to stop ruining things. Just yesterday, I was talking to some friends from ASRA that lurk on this MB and they could not figure out what your problem was. They didn't know much about PASR other than this discussion. Six or seven people with a passion for ski racing were turned off to PASR because one guy gave away results in headers. Think I'm making that up? Come to any ASRA race and listen to them talk about the "jerk" that thinks he's doing people a favor.

I know I've asked you nicely and I know I've asked you angrily...but can you please just set aside whatever personal issues you feel you have with me and leave results inside the post? That's all I'm asking.

You really are crazy! You are wound way too tight. "It's just a word" If you believe that, start telling all your ASRA buddies to fuck off when you see them. See where that gets you.

Stop trying to guess what I'm all about. I think when you meet me you will find out I'm not so bad. Winding you up is a sport.

OK, I'll stop...............see all you have to do is be reasonable. Now will you relax! Please!

hahahahahahaaa.. lots of people can't stand this board because of me. Lots of people can't stand this board because of Jeff, lots of people can't stand this board because of ski, lots of people can't stand this board because it is all kids, lots of people can't stand this board because it is all park.. yadda yadda yaaaaa.....

what irks me is how posts get degraded into personal attacks from posts about subjects or things or events. those that do that, are the ones that should be moderated IMO

I know even with a month off, I still have been out a helluva lot more then you :nana

so you admit it? you finally came out?

Rob, stop hijacking my hate 1st Grade thread...it's not very polite of you. Just quick picking on Jeff. Why can't you two just get along?

hahahaha... it's all jeffs fault! :dunno he stuck chocolate in my peanut butter. When is the next race and why in the hell is Bode skiing better this season?

so you admit it? you finally came out?

hahahaha... it's all jeffs fault! :dunno he stuck chocolate in my peanut butter. When is the next race and why in the hell is Bode skiing better this season?

The crappy weather in Europe cancelled the most prestigious race of the year, which is the Kitzbuehel downhill on 1/26. The SG was also cancelled. The next races for the men should be the Kitzbuehel slalom next weekend. I believe Kitzbuehel also picked up a slalom from a cancellation at Wengen...there's also lousy weather in Switzerland.

Bode has four wins this year, a second, two fourth places, a 12th and a 14th...to go along with 11 DNF's in 20 races. Just facts, no opinion.

You are a fucking retard, 1st Grade. There's no way you are an actual teacher...I know from experience that even a 6 yr old would know not to post a result in a header. What does it take for you to not do shit like this?

I found this in a old post where Ski was making fun of Ridge. Pretty ironic.

"Big difference between that and just screaming YOU'RE A TOTAL ASSHOLE and YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD."

Just thought it was funny.

You researching a book on me, 1st Grade? I'm flattered and creeped out at the same time. Maybe you should just collect Beannie Babies, or something.

And just to be clear, I never called Rob's kid, or anyone besides 1st Grade a f%$king r@t@rd. I admit I stole the colorful phrase from Ridge.

Wait, hang on a second...there's someone out on my back deck...I'm gonna go take a look...

You researching a book on me, 1st Grade? I'm flattered and creeped out at the same time. Maybe you should just collect Beannie Babies, or something.

Wow, sensitive. I could care less about you. Just found that statement about being a retard ironic. Relax..............I know you can do it.