2007/2008 Season Bear Creek Wishlist

Matt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they kinda do have a glade if you want to consider it that. that little connector between extreme and polar bear is kind of a weak one.

yea and if you consider that a glad then you need to need to go out west. There realy istn a possibility for a glade in pa

• 2 weeks later...
you guys should make a faux-town. like, make fake builings on the side and have little rails and bonks going down the side of the street (trash cans, signs etc.) and have a couple snowed in cars...FUN!

hahah that would be sick although it kinda requires a lot of snow...something that PA is not really known for

yea and if you consider that a glad then you need to need to go out west. There realy istn a possibility for a glade in pa

Thats crap. Ski woods in New England then go out west. Western Glades are a walk in the park. Ski with a local, they get to the bottom and are like "Those threes were tight" Us easterns are like "Trees? I didn't notice any" Point, Shoot, and hope there is a place to make a turn on the other side of the gap. Thats tree skiing at it's finest.

I think it would be cool if they set up some moguls off to the side near the bottom of Timberline.

The trail is now plenty wide, and it would be cool to have moguls on a less steep hill for the novice folks.

Went to roundtop last weekend and they had some moguls cut into a green slope, and it was nice for trying them out..

Bear kinda needs to get new rails. it doesn't really seem like the have that many new ones up. anyone kno when we can look 4ward to seein da car?

your joking right?

2 new stair cases

2 new straight rails

new wallride

downflatdown box

urban handrail

and i think theres a new flat box or 2

I think it would be cool if they set up some moguls off to the side near the bottom of Timberline.

The trail is now plenty wide, and it would be cool to have moguls on a less steep hill for the novice folks.

Went to roundtop last weekend and they had some moguls cut into a green slope, and it was nice for trying them out..

moguls look really fun for skiers.

i remember i went to jackfrost for the first time of the season, and they had moguls down the whole run which normally didnt in years past. Worst run ever. I see like the begining of a set of moguls and i just think its a small roller, so i speed up and air over it, and i die in the patch of 10000000 more moguls

u r 4getin da car lol (when can we look to c that up)

it just seems for the 3 week of bear they should have more up if u kno wat i meen. i havn't seen very many old rails up!! i miss some of the rails even if they suxed!! it also might just be that i'm kinda mad how you can't cut over n mix up your run every time!! Over all i love everything bear did w/ da park!!

u r 4getin da car lol (when can we look to c that up)

it just seems for the 3 week of bear they should have more up if u kno wat i meen. i havn't seen very many old rails up!! i miss some of the rails even if they suxed!! it also might just be that i'm kinda mad how you can't cut over n mix up your run every time!! Over all i love everything bear did w/ da park!!

I know, i always would go down the small park and cut over and hit the second jump in the main terrain park.

the only thing bear really needs is, Lights lights and some more lights. Thats the only thing im hoping for. Please, we need better lighting in the park so bad. Jump landings and take offs are almost pitch black sometimes. Oh and also maybe like a little area were theres like acouple rails set up all beside each other near the bottom of the mtn where you can just session them. That would be exquisite

^ i saw that one day when i was watchin on demand it was like travis rice except it was a jump up on to a platform 50 feet higher and then a 50 foot step down. but yah a mini size one of them in the park with rail as an option to get on/off would be pretty damn sick

To bad thats sooo unproportioned. more like a 10ft tall kicker and a butter box 10 feet above the lip, then a 20 ft drop to the landing.

When i was at keystone they had a thick sewage pipe kinda thing with ridges on it (not sure what its called) that was fun as shit... it was set up to launch you upwords like that picnic table in the park does now except not as steep.

culvert.jpg

Putting a car in would be sick if there was enough snow to pull it off.

Maybe put in a quarter pipe with a wallride at the top and put a jib on the lip of the halfpipe or something.

Maybe a spine wedge or something at the bottom towards the lift... I think they did that before but it would be fun

Thats all i can think of right now

4 got to write stuff..

can bear pleaz try to update the website... (the rail gap is long gone n there arnt kickers in the lil tp)

i have a Q for park crew or anyone... "how is cascade the big park n black bear the small park??" black bear is set up like a big park n cascade is set up like a kinda big park(bears new slogan

GO BIG OR GO HOME)

i'm not madd i just think it's kinda funny

I am new to this forum and was going to start a new topic but this Bear Creek Wishlist thread seemed appropriate. All in all, we have been very pleased and happy with our Bear Creek experience over the years. So much so, that for these past two years we have purchased season passes for myself and our two children. Many of the suggestions put forth in this forum are interesting and would certainly be nice. As a season pass holder, I really don't feel there is a need for any special perks or privileges. However, I and my family, do have one item on our wish list.

1) Prohibit/ban smoking on the mountain - in particular in the lift lines and on the lifts.

I find smoking, at any time, to be annoying but while skiing and snowboarding I find it EXTREMELY offensive and inappropriate. Even more disturbing is to see the number of kids smoking (cigarettes and even cigars!) out on the deck to the lodge as well as on the lifts and in the lift lines. Where and who are these kids parents? It drives me nuts to have to deal with second hand smoke EVER but it makes me crazy during what should be a healthy, family activity.