2007/2008 Season Bear Creek Wishlist

Matt

Just a thread for a wishlist and/or possible enhancements for BC for the 07/08 Season.

- A better way to exit Sasquatch and return to the F Quad lift. The idea of pulling the hard left hand turn up the hill or returning back to the main chair and then going down to the F chair again.

Maybe tear down some trees around the left hand side for a possible left hand turn.

- Another idea I had for the park ... I remember that Camelback (I know I said the C word) had a sound system for the park. Possible idea for BC's park?

I'll add more as I think of them...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too early to be talkin bout next season, makes it feel like this one is almost over.

might as well contribute to the topic though:

basically what bc mark said they have been doing for next season, is more then enough for me.

Edited by Dirt McGirt

too early to be talkin bout next season, makes it feel like this one is almost over.

nah.

it's never too early to begin talking about next season. i hope this current season lasts as long as Mammoth's season last year. they were open 'til July 4th.

but i'm always lookin' out for ways to make BC better...

and if I don't type/write it down now, i'm bound to forget it.

1. sound system

2. making the big jumps in the tubing park perminant

3. more sick rails and more crazy line ups

4. SNOWFLEXXXXXXXXXXXXX

5. a tow rope for the park would be hottt (just for cascade)

for your number 2 request. last i knew we have access to half of it for the rest of this season.

Definitely NO sound system. In all my time in parks all over the east coast, whenever there was a sound system it just pissed me off. Buy a $30 MP3 player off ebay and bring your own music, because they'll never play what everyone wants.

High - Speed lift - right now they can't do it. They need a longer cable run because when the chairs get deposited back on the cable, they aren't always evenly spaced. So they spread the chairs out further to compensate, on a small run like at Bear Creek the errors of depositing the chairs back would get worse and worse, and it wouldn't work. Unless Doplymar comes up with a solution, no high speed lifts at Bear Creek.

I'm pretty stoked on the doubling up the amount water pumping power, thats about the most important thing a mountain can do.

yea i know this is over like two years away to complete but how about opening up the back part of the mountain too, or make bear bigger so blue doesnt have the excuse "well our mountains bigger" cuz they know bear is the shiznat around these parts

I was at BB one day, i dont know if this is what they do everyday, but they were blastin' some pretty chill tunes. chili peps, sublime, stuff like that. of course i'd love to be listenin' to some gangsta shit while ridin' but who doesnt like the red hot chilli peppers yno? so we should get a system and play stuff like that.

and i would love to have a tow rope up at cascade, when i lived in CT my old mt. had one. i miss that.

I was at BB one day, i dont know if this is what they do everyday, but they were blastin' some pretty chill tunes. chili peps, sublime, stuff like that. of course i'd love to be listenin' to some gangsta shit while ridin' but who doesnt like the red hot chilli peppers yno? so we should get a system and play stuff like that.

and i would love to have a tow rope up at cascade, when i lived in CT my old mt. had one. i miss that.

tow rope on cascade would be perfect....it would help when it gets busy....and you could just get off when ever you feel like it so you can do what ever rail you want to

The whole thing with playing music is playing something everyone will like... cause i kno at boulder they play music and sometimes the songs on the station just suck

so i agree just go buy an ipod shuffle and jam your own musiccc

adding on more trails what about the area where they keep all the old lift stuff and all the old rails they dont use anymore cause i went for a walk in there in the summer and it looks pretty big you could use the old park entrance for that

and also i went mountain biking and they have soooooo much open area on the backside of the mountain idk if they can use that for skiing and snowboarding but its a possablity

yeah i was always curious who owns what around bear, and why we cant expand, anyone wanna shed some light on the subject?

as for the music, it would just make problems, just keep it how it is, because 20% of the time it would be good and cool, but then 80% someone wouldnt like it, or this songs gay, its too loud, its too anoyying, etc.

park wise: iron works knows what they are doing, we'll worry about the rails for next year during the summer, i always like to look at pictures of other peoples mountains for inspiration. but a tow rope would be sick, but i really like the idea of expansion, another park maybe??

theres one really big problem with adding on the back of the mountain. the damn sun. that snow would melt proboly 5 times faster than on the other side. i think thats a big reason why they havent expanded even though i think they do own it. i mean who cares about expanding, i liked bear the old way(not jib wise cuz that got way better) but i mean seriously i would take that old lodge over the crowds now. its good bears making money but it kinda sucks cuz it does get pretty crowded sometimes now.

a glade run or two might work for the back side to let the trees shade it some. just put like 1 double down the back

to have a glade you need to have fresh snow all the time. you cant blow snow in a glade bc it would just get stuck on the trees and its not like they have a spot to put it...they would have to cut down alot of trees and that cost more money. its a good idea bc glades are nasty but it just doesnt work in pa