Patrol tip of the week 3

ski911

Please pay attention to the signs on the mountain and base area.

We put them up for good reason. Some are to warn you of "thin" or "bare" spots. Others are to mark "closed" areas or trails. You will get your hands slapped (figure of speech) for sign violations, but, that may not be the worst of it.

A closed area or trail is generaly not "patrolled." If you enter and get injured, it may be awhile till help comes (especially if your alone). This is especially important at larger areas.

I have also noticed that some of you like "relocating" our signs. Please don't. These are there to "warn" others and mark potential hazards. We really have better things to do than replacing signs all the time. If you think about it, the cost of all that trickles down to operating expenses and than eventually to you.

If you really MUST have one, come see me and maybe we can work out a deal.

Could that sign in front of the rail or hit be marking it "closed?" Honestly, we dont just put them up for no reason.

I love the ones that just say "obstacle" on lollypops next to a rail, especially when you can see the rail from a lot farther away than the sign. :rofl

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone care that I always park close, I just happen to have an opinion that if every person who bought a ticket at CB knew that the first lot was filled with employees that they would be enraged and that the policy of allowing employees to park in the upper lot goes hand in hand with so many other "we don't care" issues that I have heard or experienced.

does anyone care that I always park close,

No.

I just happen to have an opinion that if every person who bought a ticket at CB knew that the first lot was filled with employees that they would be enraged and that the policy of allowing employees to park in the upper lot goes hand in hand with so many other "we don't care" issues that I have heard or experienced.

"enraged". Being a bit overdramatic. . . . and a bit inaccurate as well. The first lot is not "filled with employees". Yes there are employees who park in the first lot, but they do not take up the entire lot as you suggest.