what do you think?

Usercrm

what snowboard should i get this season im going to be riding ever day n im trying to hit up as much comps as i can so i need a board that will fly with good control n pop n carving lol n hit jibs good go off jumps good and good for pipe and mt riding n racelol i know its alot to ask for a board id probly need it in size 151-155 so ne one know what i should i get i wanna know what ya think

p.s. if it dosnt make snece i was half asleep when i wrote it sorryu but plz help me out

First, let me say I usually hate when people respond to posts like these with a post of no real value, but I think it's necessary in this case... slow down! :) A little punctuation goes a long way, your post was so difficult to read, I don't think people will know what you're talking about.

Anywho, sorry for that, but I'm sure people will come in here with helpful posts now :)

what snowboard should i get this season im going to be riding ever day  n im trying to hit up as much comps as i can so i need a board that will fly with good control n pop n carving lol n  hit jibs good go off jumps good and good for pipe and mt riding n racelol i know its alot to ask for a board id probly need it in size 151-155 so ne one know what i should i get  i wanna know what ya think

p.s. if it dosnt make snece i was half asleep when i wrote it sorryu but plz help me out

It sounds like you need a good all mountain board. I have ridden 3 different burton customs over the last 5 years and found that board to be good at everything you are looking for.

well if hes gonna be doing a lot of competitions and wants a good board for jibbing, im not sure if the custom is gonna be good for him since thats a freeride board. you're gonna want a freestyle board for sure if youre going to be competing and jibbing. if you still do a lot of freeriding tho, youll want to get a freestyle board thats a little stiffer than an all out park board. something like the burton shaun white or a lib tech dark series would be great. the gnu carbon hi beam is also another freestyle board thats good for all around. go to a shop and check out some boards. i would definetely recommend going to mike n matts because the salespeople there are excellent. theyre really friendly and know what theyre talking about unlike others (*cough* LOFT *cough*) and they should be able to hook you up pretty good

well if hes gonna be doing a lot of competitions and wants a good board for jibbing, im not sure if the custom is gonna be good for him since thats a freeride board.  you're gonna want a freestyle board for sure if youre going to be competing and jibbing.  if you still do a lot of freeriding tho,  youll want to get a freestyle board thats a little stiffer than an all out park board.  something like the burton shaun white or a lib tech dark series would be great.  the gnu carbon hi beam is also another freestyle board thats good for all around.  go to a shop and check out some boards. i would definetely recommend going to mike n matts because the salespeople there are excellent.  theyre really friendly and know what theyre talking about unlike others (*cough*  LOFT *cough*) and they should be able to hook you up pretty good

Mike n Matts is a great store, I wish they carried burton. I buy everything else there. Jimmy knows more technical stuff about boarding than anyone else in the poconos.

yo dave, i just realized it was u who made this topic and didnt look at ur name before. shit, now that i know its you and exactly what kind of riding ur gonna be doing this year, then yea the jp walker would be perfect for you. go hit up mike n matts, they just started carrying forum this year

hahaha you need wayyyyyyy to much hahaha..

go with these boards:

Burton: Uninc, Custom, Jussi (alittle stiffer but easily jibbed and great on kickers and pipes..anyboard thats good for kickers is awesome for freeride)

Jussi is your best bet man

Or;

Ride: Prophet..reallly nice board for everything..its a big kicker board but easy and sweet on rails and awesome in pipe..its alittle on the middle of the flex scale. if you have the money. if you have any questions PM or something i know my stuff.

btw to the loft bashers..oh man you must talk to the wrong people. cuz everyone up stairs knows there shit.. go its a great shop and its all snowboarders..and you can relate, easy to talk to its pretty nice..

probably my favorite shop haha besides I now know everyone there hah.

The Loft is good, Brad did an amazing job on my skis. But they're not all snowboarders, at least I know Brad isn't. :confused

• 3 weeks later...

I think the trick with the Loft is getting the right people to help you. Some of their staff is pretty bad, but some are damn good with their stuff too. I've gotten to know them over the years and most aren't half bad. Though all the ones I've seen on the hill have really nice stuff and suck. I guess that's life.

Stiffer skis are for more experienced more aggressive riders, while soft are for less aggressive riders. Thats for carving. For park, stiffer skis help stability at high speeds, make for somewhat easier landings, easier presses on rails. Softer are a little less stable at high speeds, but you can do butters and presses on the ground with them much easier. Thats skis anyway. Im sure alot of that goes into boarding.

ride makes great boards, i've never ridden one, but i've heard only good about them

and yea burton makes a bunch of freeriding boards, just check out their web site www.burton.com and theres a board chart on there that shows where all their boards stand when it comes to freeriding/freestyle, cost, and response

Edited by NITRO_rider