buckmans rail jam

boardera

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked out amateur tonight. The setup looks good. On the left,there's an up box to a down box. On the right, there's a maybe 25-30 foot flat rail. I'm thinking about entering, but it's gonna cut into my work schedule, so i doubt i'm going. Free skullcandy earbuds too. Should be a blast, but i doubt i'll be there.

I just checked out amateur tonight. The setup looks good. On the left,there's an up box to a down box. On the right, there's a maybe 25-30 foot flat rail. I'm thinking about entering, but it's gonna cut into my work schedule, so i doubt i'm going. Free skullcandy earbuds too. Should be a blast, but i doubt i'll be there.

I have posted some photos of the set up from AA. We have found some things we want to tweak to make it even better. The up to down box was a little too vertical and some riders had trouble carrying enough momentum to clear it. For our event next Sat we are going to make it more of a flat to down.

Hopefully we will also have some natural snow on Tues so that we don't have to truck in as much.

The timing of the event in Montgomeryville is a little later in the day and it will finish under the lights.

JJ Thomas and Erik Lienes are definites and will be hanging all day signing autographs and will put on an exhibition around 5:30.

Hope to see you as a competitor or spectator!

Spectators will be eligible for a raffle to win some great prizes as well!

gallery_1481_148_9124.jpg

gallery_1481_148_223.jpg

gallery_1481_148_3508.jpg

gallery_1481_148_23461.jpg

Just a bit of an update -

we begin setting up tomorrow morning.

one issue with the AA setup was speed -

we have raised the tower almost 5' to give a better drop in.

the up to down also won't be so vertical.

hope to see a lot of pasr's there. be sure to say hi, i will have either a red or black jacket with the buckman logo on the back. i will be going in a bunch of directions all day but i would like to meet some pasr's.

i will try to post some photos tomorrow afternoon as we are setting things up.

I headed up to the parking lot today and everything was looking really good...they had three dump trucks full of snow and the drop in was looking tight! the setup is looking exactly like that of the pictures above...hopefully a video will be out cause i will be skiing in ellk, but everything looks sick

With me and my friend and his friend there we probably got about 1,000 of free stuff. We got a free burton twin snowbard, about 6 shirts, danny kass boots, Autographed Oakley crowbars, Oakley gascan sunglasses, 2 sets of skull candy headphones, and a bunch of sweet stickers. It was a blast.

Hey guys - thanks for the props!

We worked really hard to try to put on a great event.

Great to see 3 skiers in the finals and 2 of them placing.

After working round the clock from Fri 7am til Sun 2pm I had to take a day off to recover. Now that i'm back in the office i will try to gather the results info and see if i can get the photo of the winners.

My video guy is working on a quick web edit which i should have in a day or two and will post.

Then in about 2-3 weeks we should have a complete 30-45min DVD edited and packaged which we will offer to anyone interested. Probably will have to charge for it but will let you know. Shouldn't be much.

Thanks to everyone who came out and competed or watched. We will do this again next year at least once!

My video guys (New Media Technologies) did a real quick edit for the web showing mostly stuff from the finals and have posted it on you tube at:

it does show the "podium shot" of both divisions.

In about 2-3 weeks the final edit will be done.

Wow that was quick! Professional Edit.. Good stuff. Thanks!