NASTAR race to help fight cancer - Wed. Feb. 7th

*Ed*

On Wednesday (Feb 7th). the Flying Ductmen Ski Club is sponsoring "Carving Out Cancer", a NASTAR race to raise money for the American Cancer Society.

The event will be at Bear Creek with all NASTAR proceeds going towards the cause.

Please see Bear Creek's "Event Calendar" (www.skibearcreek.com), the FDSC(www.fdsc.org), or the EPSC(www.easternpaskicouncil.org) website for more information.

Place: Bear Creek Mountain Resort

Date: Wednesday, Feb. 7

Time: 7pm-9pm (Registration begins at 6:30pm on Timberline

Cost: $5 for 2 runs or $10 for unlimited runs

This is a great opportunity to check out Bear Creek's new race area.

There will also be a bake sale (in the lodge) the night of the event).

super cold or not, its a great event to benefit a good cause. i wouldnt mind if people did stuff like this more often. thats really awesome. it would be cool to do a vertical challenge and have somebody either sponsor you by vertical feet or by runs or something like that. i think something like that would go over very well... it might be something to do on a personal level to just raise money for a specific cause.

super cold or not, its a great event to benefit a good cause. i wouldnt mind if people did stuff like this more often. thats really awesome. it would be cool to do a vertical challenge and have somebody either sponsor you by vertical feet or by runs or something like that. i think something like that would go over very well... it might be something to do on a personal level to just raise money for a specific cause.

Roundtop is doing something like that. You get a team together and get sponsors. All the proceeds go to a cause. Then you ski for 24 hours and they give out prizes for things such as team with most vert, individual with most vert, ect.