CB cant do anything right

TINY

Ok well this is it. cb does not know how to make a park!!! and of the jumps have no pop and the landings are level with the lips what is that.... and the pipe isnt that great either. and why dont they have the rails that have been sitting in sunbowl set up yet.

you were too polite.

yeah i guess i was haha i left a good one on thier myspace... o and by the way i was the one skiing with u and nipple for a little today at cb

They did this stuff when I lived in PA. You know what I did?

I went somewhere else. I suggest you do the same.

yeah i plan on it next year but i dont know where yet???

• 3 weeks later...

Good point splooshie. In all fairness though there are many people who's skiing and riding skills have only been developed in the park, and therefor limit them to enjoying themselves solely in the park. Its sad, but its a trend in the sport. The term "good skier" or "good rider" really is quite ambiguous these days. If you want a good example, go hang around the park at mountain creek. a bunch of the guys in there can throw down some sick stuff, but you get them out of the park and its just ugly. I'm talking like "if they couldn't ski the park they'd be skiing in jeans" ugly.

PS- Lib, how's the weather up at lake wally?

the type of skis and where they are mounted has a lot to do with why some of us cant really ski outside the park. to be totally honest, skiing regular trails doesnt really appeal to me at all. i feel like i progress so much more in the park than flying down a black diamond making carves and pole planting.

"i learned a new trick today" as opposed to "i did 17 runs today instead of 14 like yesterday"

but yes, we can actually ski outside the park when we need to. we just need the right equipment. which generally means we have to choose between park perfomance or speed demon carving. or buy two sets of skis.

the type of skis and where they are mounted has a lot to do with why some of us cant really ski outside the park. to be totally honest, skiing regular trails doesnt really appeal to me at all. i feel like i progress so much more in the park than flying down a black diamond making carves and pole planting.

"i learned a new trick today" as opposed to "i did 17 runs today instead of 14 like yesterday"

but yes, we can actually ski outside the park when we need to. we just need the right equipment. which generally means we have to choose between park perfomance or speed demon carving. or buy two sets of skis.

Shadows man, I don't want to argue with you, but I owned a pair of park skis last year and early this year, and I have to say I don't buy the equipment argument. Notice I wasn't talking so much about you, or a lot of the other good skiers who ski park around here. i was more talking about those who are skateboarding wannabe's who put on snowboards or skis during the winter and try and do the same shit.

And just like you learn new tricks in the park, when I ski I'm working on a set of skills that I'm trying to develop. We've just chosen different paths in skiing, thats all. You're learning how to throw a cork 7, and I'm learning how to lay down tighter turns at faster speeds.

Shadows man, I don't want to argue with you, but I owned a pair of park skis last year and early this year, and I have to say I don't buy the equipment argument. Notice I wasn't talking so much about you, or a lot of the other good skiers who ski park around here. i was more talking about those who are skateboarding wannabe's who put on snowboards or skis during the winter and try and do the same shit.

And just like you learn new tricks in the park, when I ski I'm working on a set of skills that I'm trying to develop. We've just chosen different paths in skiing, thats all. You're learning how to throw a cork 7, and I'm learning how to lay down tighter turns at faster speeds.

I think you're out of your realm Metz. Unless you slide boxes/rails and/or detune your edges you can't really comment on how "park" skis perform on a groomer. I hit some boxes for 1 day with my freeride board (didn't even detune the edges) and I was having carving issues on it for weeks (when we rode together this year). The edges needed some serious sharpening to get them back into decent shape. Lesson learned. I can't carve worth crap on my park board because the edges have no bite. If I'm going to make nice rounded turns the snow has to be extremely soft, or I can't work my edge in. On the other hand, I some pretty firm snow with my freeride board now that the edges are tunes again.

I can't comment on center vs. regular mounted skis.

I wouldn't say they were detuned... more like never tuned. Never anything more than wax. The kid who had them before he left them with me was quite the jibber. Believe me, they were proper park skis, with almost as much ptex as base material, and a chipped up edge.

Glenn, however I do concede your point, I am definitely not a park skier and I never will be. I'm just saying, however that there is definitely enjoyment to be had outside the park, even if you're on park skis, and that it is very possible to carve a line even on rolled edges. It is, however a choice in mountain discipline that every skier or rider makes. If you ski park, or you arc turns, either way you decide what to practice. Nothing wrong with either decision.

I see what hes saying - there are lots of kids in parks around here who are skateboarders who strap on snowboards and go for it. They can usually jib very well but can't go fast, can't ride anything steep, and can't hit jumps right. To make a generalization it isn't as much of an issue for skiers because most of them came from regular skiing - there aren't many fruit booters who twin tip in the winter (or not many skiers admit they do it in the summer). As for the gear - I can take my park board out of the park and ride pretty good on it in some conditions, but on hardpack/ice forget it thats some ugly shit. But pull out my freeride board and I'll keep up with anyone here - so the gear has a lot to do with it, but not everything. I'll be passing 90% of the people on the mountain no matter what conditions/board I have because most people don't go all that fast.

Once you start hitting big jumps right (i.e. clear the knuckle on a 30 footer and ride away) you are a good rider/skier, there is no way to ski in and out of a jump at the speed you need for that without being able to carve - where as you can skid around at 15 mph and jib and hit 10 foot jumps and never learn how to ride. but for a big table or step down - you need to actually go fast.

Im in the middle, nothing feels better than landing a new trick - except knee deep powder, a sick glade run, something that is rediculously steep, or a 2,500 vertical foot run that you bombed the shit out of - none of which you will find around here. So here I ride park, and when I travel I free ride, its a good mix and really I don't find a place I'm not having fun.