Sure is quiet around here...

Ski

Bode is 0-3 so far at the World Championships...it's the eve of the men's GS and I'm sorta wondering how drunk he at this moment. Where have all the Bode fans been? No mention of how they were still rooting for him during his 24th, 6th, and 7th places. Talk about hopping on (and then off the Bode Bandwagon)...

So, Bode's 0-8 in his last big races. Anyone think he'll step it up for GS or SL?

Or have you guys just given up on Bode?

i don't follow it real close either but did any other americans finish ahead of him? i know he was bitchin about cloud cover / light on one of 'em. wish i was there though havin a few with him! :rock

Nyman beat him in the SG and was three spots back in the SC...Mancuso absolutely blew the GS on Monday, winning the first run, but blaming fatigue on a crappy second run. My girl, Hosp, won...the US girls have blown away the men's results.

BTW, the entire US team wants to lynch Miller for the restrictions put on everyone this year. No more sleeping on private buses or drinking/partying with coaches.

BTW, the entire US team wants to lynch Miller for the restrictions put on everyone this year. No more sleeping on private buses or drinking/partying with coaches.

I in no way condone or support some of Miller's pre-race habits, but to be fair to him the new restrictions/guidelines were not all due to his actions. I do think that his actions certainly did bring a heightened level of media/competitor/governing body attention to the actions of other team members, but again I don't think that it is ALL his fault. I saw a member of the freestyle team break his best friends nose after they got in a fight in the street outside of my hotel, I saw some of the women team members dancing on the tables and was at the ski team bar the night of the incident involving those ladies, and saw numerous other incidents involving athletes, US especially, that went a little above and beyond what most people expect the conduct of athletes to be, even during such a party heavy event as the Olympics. Some people may consider it a surprise that the snowboarders were WAAAY more mature/respectful/well behaved that almost all of the skiers.

I in no way condone or support some of Miller's pre-race habits, but to be fair to him the new restrictions/guidelines were not all due to his actions.

Not to argue with you, Free, but...

Aside from the dozens of USSTer interviews I've seen, here are a few quotes:

From MSNBC Sports:

U.S. ski team spokesman Tom Kelly conceded that the publicity surrounding Bode's famous late-night carousing, particularly at the Turin Olympics, was the genesis of the crackdown.

Miller, the 2005 overall World Cup champion, arrived in Turin as the great American hope but left Italy without a medal.

He awarded himself a gold for his Winter Games performance, however.

Edited by ski

Come on Ski! You know as well as I do that 0-8 for an athlete that races all 5 events is not a big deal. OR your trying to start shit!

0-9 now. He finished 15th in today's GS. But since you love racing so much, I imagine you watched every turn. If he wins the slalom will you be back rooting for him? I just thought it was a little interesting to point out that you people disappear when Bode is in crash mode. Total fair weather fans.

Ligety, btw, missed the podium by just .07 seconds...

0-9 now. He finished 15th in today's GS. But since you love racing so much, I imagine you watched every turn. If he wins the slalom will you be back rooting for him? I just thought it was a little interesting to point out that you people disappear when Bode is in crash mode. Total fair weather fans.

Ligety, btw, missed the podium by just .07 seconds...

What are we supposed to say when Bode stinks it up? "Bode is a drunken ass!" I haven't heard shit about Hosp until now. Fair weather fan.

What are we supposed to say when Bode stinks it up? "Bode is a drunken ass!" I haven't heard shit about Hosp until now. Fair weather fan.

Posted on: Dec 2 2006, 12:18 PM

And the Bode arguement is tired and old. My 6 yr old's favorite racer is Nicole Hosp

~~~~~~

I root for Nicole Hosp because Ty thinks she's a "really nice person". But do you know the definition of a fair weather fan? Obviously not, since Hosp Hosp WON at Kranjska Gora, and was on the podium at Semmering and Cortina d'Ampezzo---not to mention two World Championship medals in Are. You see, a fair weather fan is someone that ONLY shoots their mouth off when their favorite athelete is doing well. Okay? Got it? Hosp is currently the #1 ranked GS racer in the world and 4th Overall, right between Mancuso and Kildow.

But, sadly, here's the real bottom line: nobody cares about Miller, so why would I waste time posting about a skinny Austrian chick on this MB?

Not to argue with you, Free, but...

Aside from the dozens of USSTer interviews I've seen, here are a few quotes:

From MSNBC Sports:

U.S. ski team spokesman Tom Kelly conceded that the publicity surrounding Bode's famous late-night carousing, particularly at the Turin Olympics, was the genesis of the crackdown.

Miller, the 2005 overall World Cup champion, arrived in Turin as the great American hope but left Italy without a medal.

He awarded himself a gold for his Winter Games performance, however.

Posted on: Dec 2 2006, 12:18 PM

And the Bode arguement is tired and old. My 6 yr old's favorite racer is Nicole Hosp

~~~~~~

4th Overall

So is Bode. What's your point? If you don't like Bode, just say it. Stop saying he is a great talent and then proceed to bad mouth him.

Stop saying he is a great talent and then proceed to bad mouth him.

Why not? This is a ski/ride message board...and this is the Racing Forum. Are you his freaking mother? BTW, Miller says he LOVES being the bad guy. He LOVES all the hate that's been thrown his way. He says he's thriving on it. He HATED being the favorite and having such high expectations held for him. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

And don't you think there's something the USST didn't tell us? How bad did it really have to get for them to shut down the drinking and partying like they did? All of the US athletes were holding out signing the 'no boozing' contract...but then came together and agreed pretty quickly. The "A" Team wasn't being threatened, since the "B" Team talent is far bellow them. The US would never just pull the plug, so the "A" Team had some power in their numbers. Maybe it's just something simple, like Miller's piss showing a .20 BAC right after a Turin race...

Why not? This is a ski/ride message board...and this is the Racing Forum. Are you his freaking mother? BTW, Miller says he LOVES being the bad guy. He LOVES all the hate that's been thrown his way. He says he's thriving on it. He HATED being the favorite and having such high expectations held for him. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

And don't you think there's something the USST didn't tell us? How bad did it really have to get for them to shut down the drinking and partying like they did? All of the US athletes were holding out signing the 'no boozing' contract...but then came together and agreed pretty quickly. The "A" Team wasn't being threatened, since the "B" Team talent is far bellow them. The US would never just pull the plug, so the "A" Team had some power in their numbers. Maybe it's just something simple, like Miller's piss showing a .20 BAC right after a Turin race...

I'm not concerned with Bodes integrity. Yours is another story!