Length of season

lumilautailija

Yeah but think about how crowded it was when it was just park rats, also if other mountains close before hand anyone who sitll wants to ride would come slinking in and buying their bear creek tickets which means even more kids then usual; don't get me wrong I'm all for being able to ride even later and have a longer season.

Edited by GNU_rider

so others shouldnt be able to ride cause you cant?

uh, yeah. that's exactly what i said. i'm all for no fun for anyone.

sorry if i don't want to spend the last two weeks of the season crammed onto one or two trails with a bunch of twelve year olds whose parents dumped them off sitting on the landings.

so others shouldnt be able to ride cause you cant?

uh, yeah. that's exactly what i said. i'm all for no fun for anyone.

sorry if i don't want to spend the last two weeks of the season crammed onto one or two trails with a bunch of twelve year olds whose parents dumped them off sitting on the landings.

then dont go... DUHHHH!!!!! but for the rest of us that actually LIKE riding i think we would all deal with the crowds to make our season a couple weeks longer...

Yea dude then don't go because your clearly not hardcore about it. Id hike for a 40 foot patch of snow with or without a feature no matter how large the crowd was just to get some snowboarding in.

this board exists for everyone to express their opinions, no?

that's what i did, i said what i thought. no need to crawl up my ass about it.

i know bear's main attraction is the park, but that doesn't mean everyone else should get shut out.

well this is talkign about when theres not good enough coverage for the other trails to stay open, and when that happens get together all the snow they can and pus it together and put some rails on it. I can understand why you wouldnt want to come out if your just planning on riding b/c 2 trails arent worth it, but if you enjoy park then it would be heaven... knaw wa mean

Yea dude then don't go because your clearly not hardcore about it. Id hike for a 40 foot patch of snow with or without a feature no matter how large the crowd was just to get some snowboarding in.

yea as much as i liek snowboarding i prob wouldnt hike to ride down a 40 ft patch of snow with no feature

yea as much as i liek snowboarding i prob wouldnt hike to ride down a 40 ft patch of snow with no feature

Well depends on how you look at the whole thing. There are people who snowboard and there are snowboarders. You'll find a lot more people who snowboard than snowboarders now thats its "cool" and shit. I'd place myself in the same realm as those who would hike a mountain for 1 run down where no one else has been. Before I could drive I would spend 2 or 3 days pushing snow around in my yard after we got a few inches to build a jump so I could ride everyday after school. I'm out for opening day and out for closing (sometimes beyond). Does that mean you should? Probably not. But there are certainly some people that would.

Well depends on how you look at the whole thing. There are people who snowboard and there are snowboarders. You'll find a lot more people who snowboard than snowboarders now thats its "cool" and shit. I'd place myself in the same realm as those who would hike a mountain for 1 run down where no one else has been. Before I could drive I would spend 2 or 3 days pushing snow around in my yard after we got a few inches to build a jump so I could ride everyday after school. I'm out for opening day and out for closing (sometimes beyond). Does that mean you should? Probably not. But there are certainly some people that would.

i'd consider myself a snowboarder too, haha, today i setup a sweet ass pvc jib. me and a few freinds always build jumps but today that shit ice pellet stuff couldnt be packed, that made me angry.

Edited by Oakley21

i'd consider myself a snowboarder too, haha, today i setup a sweet ass pvc jib. me and a few freinds always build jumps but today that shit ice pellet stuff couldnt be packed, that made me angry.

me and my friends had the same problem, so we just poured some water on ours and rode over it a few times, and it stayed in pretty good shape

bear in april cant be worse then thanksgiving weekend at killy, and i would ride no matter how many people, with a smile on my face knowing that im riding pa in april.

i think that because we can ski whenever we want now everyone is saying they wouldnt go if it was just a few runs packed with people....but when its the middle of summer, that 40ft patch of snow is liiking really good

im def a true snowboarder i mean in my backyard i have two flat boxes a flat down stair case a tree bonk and barral bonk and jumps. i would def hike the mtn but the problem with just letting people hike is that then if someone gets hurt they could be liable, plus their not going to keep ski patrol during that time, so i would highly doupt that they would do that. thats wut ice rinks and wakeboarding are for in the summer!