Tnutting my board?

Stevo

Before i got my new board, i pushed out my stance to 25. I loved it, and i was pretty bummed out when the stance on my new board (nitro t1) only went to 23 max. I'm considering t nutting my board just to have a wider range of options stance wise. Has anyone here done it before? How is it done? I know drilling/epoxying/ptexing is involved, which i can do. I'm just looking for tips before i totally void my warranty..

Before i got my new board, i pushed out my stance to 25. I loved it, and i was pretty bummed out when the stance on my new board (nitro t1) only went to 23 max. I'm considering t nutting my board just to have a wider range of options stance wise. Has anyone here done it before? How is it done? I know drilling/epoxying/ptexing is involved, which i can do. I'm just looking for tips before i totally void my warranty..

go bite a curb man, worrying about trying to look as "cool" as Cronk and shit like that

since i dont snowboard, i dont really understand the benefits of having such a wide stance, but talk to larry at nestors. we've t bolted quite a few boards this season, and i'm sure larry could give you some better insight into how to go about it and what it would gain for you.

T-Bolting is going to void any warranty and 25 inch stances are idiotic unless you're 6'6" and weigh 250 pounds.

I hope you like not being able to ollie/blowing out your knees.

What? Stance width doesn't automatically = blowing out your knees. I'm 5' 8" 160 and I ride 22.5" because its the most comfortable for me. My stance angles are huge because I'm naturally duck footed so it works out fine. If you want to talk about blowing out knees - the standard 18 and 3 at standard width hurts just to flex my legs in the store much less actually riding.

As for telling the kid to bite a curb - what the fuck? No one in the first post does it say anything about wanting to look cool, just that it was most comfortable. I can totally see 25" working if you have you stance angles, I started the season maxed out on my Jeremy Jones 156 before pushing the back up 1 inch so I could butter better, and I'm near the low end of the height scale, so I think you guys are way off here.

If you knees are bending in column without twisting, the width is fine.

• 3 weeks later...

i actually drilled holes in my board...and love it.....i like ridin a wide stance cus its so easy to control and u can do so much goofy shit w/ it..like just messin around a hoppin on everything.....i think its easier to ollie w/ a wider stance...plus w/ a close stance ollies normaly suck.

wide stances (over 24" when you are under 6' tall) make no sense unless you are riding strictly street. even look at the pros who ride a lot of street and take a look at the stance they run when on the mountain. ive yet to see anyone riding 26"+ stances for cruising the park and just dicking around.

drilling holes in a brand new board seems a little strange. you can get an extra inch by rotating your base plates to run parrallel to the holes in our board and max them out. but how about just trying to run the board at 23" and get used to it. obviously the engineers did not intend for it to be ridden wider than that or they would have gave more/wider stance options.

if you must ride it wider than that, why not sell it and get something else before you make it worthless?