Blue Mountain Today 2/17

ColoradoHigh

Well I got back about 20-30 minutes ago from a nice 7:30-12:30 morning at Blue. I got there actually at about 7:40 but it didn't make a difference. For my first run, I did Paradise to warm up a bit. My legs were mucho stiffo this morning, so it was nice just cruising along to warm my muscles up. Then I did Challenge, it wasn't bad at all. Nice snow. Then I did Main Street for two runs in a row, then I went back to Challenge. It got really icy the second time. So then I got back to Main Street, and that Switchback. I did Main Street off the Main Street chair for almost the ENTIRE morning. I had some Switchbacks mixed in there too. But the snow on Main Street was sooooo forgiving. Very nice packed powder with some hard-pack as the morning wore on. I was doing alot of tight lil' turns, and then at the bottom of Main Street, I did BIG arcing turns.

All in all a great day to be out. Not as crowded as I expected, so that was nice. The only time I fell today was in........the parking lot :banghead . After I booted up with my dad, I was walking toward the valley lodge, and then BAM, my feet went up from under me, on a patch of ice, and I fell on my elbow damn hard. But it didn't affect my skiing.

Plowing is good if there is alot of snow. I was about to go to the manager of Blue, and yell in his face to SALT THE FU*KING PARKING LOT! It was mad danger out there on the lot. At least it wasn't icy on the slopes.

i'll chime in...

shorter version of the 'tip and wag of the hat and finger

blue mountain - 2/17 (10:30 - 6:00pm)

lines started off long, then got really short, then really long, then WHAM! empty.

started off the day with 3 layers, started to sweat buckets and then just skiied under armour on.

i became a pretty famous person that day with just wearing that. I had a few people remember who i was.

challenge had major ice issues at the top, then at the bottom i got going into GS turns. same deal with razors.

lazy mile and switchback were in pretty good conditions.

some person on blades had a pretty wild wipeout. so i helped her out. blocked the lower part of main street (just like the NSP from JFBB said...) with the skis and another person went down and got ski patrol)

i found my iPod a few days ago, that was a life-send for yestarday. mostly jamming to everything...singing, dancing while i was skiing. citizen cope's brother lee was mostly played on challenge and razors while going down. since that song has the tempo for it.

today : 7.5 steezys out of 10

maybe i'll be there tomorrow morning...

i dont think you were about to do anything.

Yeah, your right. I wasn't going to anything, and I didn't. I was just pissed off because falling in the parking lot is kind of humiliating. But I had a good morning skiing.

somebody really needs to go melt the snow on the slopes. i almost fell ass over tea kettle today it was so darn slippery.

:banghead