Better park?!?!?

Glenn

Ok, so this kid down the hall in my dorm is new on the park staff this year. He claims to have talked to someone in charge of the park about setting the park up better. Specifically gettings some gaps to rails and or boxes. Apparently he was told, "if you want to spend the time to set it up correctly, then its no problem." Now before everyone goes off on me for spreading falsehoods, I just want to say he's, not the MOST reliable source. Anyways, I thought I would pass it along, whether truth, exaggeration or flat out lie, it would be nice to see.

Some gaps would be nice. I've seen some nice stuff in there park when the feel like grooming it right. the did expand their half pipe.

On the mountain, Camelback?s popular halfpipe will be benefit from widening and additional excavation work. The changes will allow for easier construction of the pipe during the early season, better transitions for riders and easier halfpipe maintenance all winter long.

yea and the laurel glade park has been exactly the same setup for 3 years in a row too

He also said with the expansion of the pipe, that the laurel will become a beginners park, and the rhodo will be a more "advanced" park. I guess there is a meeting coming up where they find out exactly how the parks will be set up.

dont get your hopes up. wayyy to much crap is said and nothing ever happened. although ive heard since last year now, that the rails will be moved and the rhodo will be a more advanced park. although that wouldnt do much because they have nothing 'advanced' at camelback. they need to get some real rails. and its impossible for gaps to rails because theres no rails to gap onto. t heres a battle ship, which is meant to be ride on and the same thing goes for hippo and rainbow. not even worth it. and i know damn well camelback will not spend more money on rails considering theres absolutely no room for them. they will not make a new park run either. if you want a good park, go somewhere else, dont expect it outa cb.

the only gaps possible would be boxes, but its not even worth it because neither of the boxes are big, in height, so it wouldnt be much different anyways. gaps dont mean crap, especially with the stuff cb has, so dont raise the hopes.

dont get your hopes up. wayyy to much crap is said and nothing ever happened. although ive heard since last year now, that the rails will be moved and the rhodo will be a more advanced park. although that wouldnt do much because they have nothing 'advanced' at camelback. they need to get some real rails. and its impossible for gaps to rails because theres no rails to gap onto. t heres a battle ship, which is meant to be ride on and the same thing goes for hippo and rainbow. not even worth it. and i know damn well camelback will not spend more money on rails considering theres absolutely no room for them.  they will not make a new park run either. if you want a good park, go somewhere else, dont expect it outa cb.

the only gaps possible would be boxes, but its not even worth it because neither of the boxes are big, in height, so it wouldnt be much different anyways. gaps dont mean crap, especially with the stuff cb has, so dont raise the hopes.

Not expecting a whole lot. It's just camelback is my home mountian by convenience. I'd like to see the best stuff possible out of it. If camelback wanted to setup a decent park they could. They could make raceway into THE park. They don't really have enough stuff right now to justify 2 parks. They could fit some nice large hits in there, as well as rails/boxes whatever laterally. Top to bottom CB doesn't have the real estate to do a long park run, but laterally is where the space is. And a wide coarse like raceway is ideal. Now of coarse that means the NASTAR track has to move, and that creates more issues I guess.

Anyways getting back on track. They could gap to the 40, espeacially if it was setup with a slight downward angle, same with the 20 and even the flat box.

And a wide coarse like raceway is ideal. Now of coarse that means the NASTAR track has to move, and that creates more issues I guess.

That would cause many issues. Aside from I don't know where they would put the nastar, (any flatter people woudn't go, any steeper it would be too hard for the n00bs)...And they have wireing set up, so they woudl have to dig that up and move it, and start and finish shacks...etc etc..the list goes on. :nono

I don't think they could have both (racing and park).... A lot of people like that trail, as a wide carving run, and then you would have mommy smith waiting on the side of the park to see kid smith go down nastar, and stuff like that....

Bottom line, I don't see CB making many changes to where the parks are anytime soon.

It would never happen, but the dream park would be Nile Mile covered with hits from top to bottom, with huge starting mounds :yes That would be sick, we could actually get more than three hits max in one run. Even better, with a rope tow along the side! Too bad I'm dreaming...

As to the new layout of the park, I heard from Tony (head of park stuff), that it's gonna happen. The boxes move to Laurel and some rails go to Rhodo. It won't change the quality of their stuff, but it might help a bit. Some actual booters would help too. The pipe better live up to their press release also. But overall, CB will still suck. It's so damn depressing to think about...

yeah altho raceway would be an AWESOME park.. cb would NEVERRRRR EVERR make that the park. its too popular. and its home of Nastar. believe me, we are the LAST people they are concerned about. they actually dont like us... but i htink moving the boxes to laurel would be alright..but i dont think they should seperate the rails..just because they have soo little amounts of rails/boxes it would be gay. Rhodo was aright.. i happend to like the boxes 20x more than any of the rails. to make it decent, this year, they have to put some booters on laurel if they put the boxes. i mean real jumps..not the typical cb tabletop. because that would eve the two parks out..with just the two boxes in that park..would make a horrible park.. just put it this way.. they dont have the room on either run to expand/change.. i really think its as good as its gonna get..cuz moving the rails is gonnna mean less jumps on rhodo..and putting the boxes on laurel can be good..but cb wont make a real jump due to insurance.

yea camelback doesnt really have any room at all for a decent park. all of theyre trails are way too skinny besides raceway and nile mile like you were all saying but they would never do that. and theres no way that theyd be able to make a top to bottom terrain park since all the trails basically are just all short and connect to others. that probably is as good as its gonna get. thats why i go to boulder :)

:woot

yea camelback doesnt really have any room at all for a decent park.  all of theyre trails are way too skinny besides raceway and nile mile like you were all saying but they would never do that.  and theres no way that theyd be able to make a top to bottom terrain park since all the trails basically are just all short and connect to others.  that probably is as good as its gonna get.  thats why i go to boulder :)

adn thats y im at blue(plus its closer to me) :woot

Camelback would never do something like that, Atomic. They take pride in offering a true alpine experience and put skier's and rider's customer service and satisfaction first. They would never end the ski season early to begin construction of water attractions. They would never tear down buildings that housed race teams and ski patrol to build wave pools. The management is always prepared to listen to constructive comments, however critical, in order to improve operations.

And when they say 'machine groomed, packed powder', they believe it.