My sled dogs are in

Glenn

I ordered some sled dogs on the internet (basically ski blades only they arent as long. The ski is just the size of the boot). I snowboard normally but they are a lot of fun to just mess around in. Anyways they were only $10 on ebay + 20 for shipping from Canada. So the price was so good I coulnt pass them up even though they were a size and a half to small. Reguardless they got here today, and as it turns out they fit like a champ. I was skating around the carpet a little. They are really great, when crowds get big, or conditions get bad, because its just something different, and they are so manueverable, and easy to learn.

I ordered some sled dogs on the internet (basically ski blades only they arent as long. The ski is just the size of the boot). I snowboard normally but they are a lot of fun to just mess around in. Anyways they were only $10 on ebay + 20 for shipping from Canada. So the price was so good I coulnt pass them up even though they were a size and a half to small. Reguardless they got here today, and as it turns out they fit like a champ. I was skating around the carpet a little. They are really great, when crowds get big, or conditions get bad, because its just something different, and they are so manueverable, and easy to learn.

do they attach to a ski boot or snowboard boot, since you said you snowboard?

do they attach to a ski boot or snowboard boot, since you said you snowboard?

Usually they are permanately attached to the boot, but my model the base detaches. They are almost a hybrid between ski boots and snowboard boots, maybe what a softer ski boot would feel like. But they have a unique binding (if you can call it that) setup so you cant use real ski boots or snowboard boots.

They are actually a bunch for sale on ebay. Just have to wait for price and size. My pair isnt exactly like the one pictured above, if I get motivated I may post pics later, I used a pair last year, its great the looks you get. People think you just have a boot on. I even told one guy a friend cut my ski's as a practical joke, and he believed me. Haha.

Anyways they still make them, but they cost a lot new, because there are no U.S. resellers.

And by expensive I mean 400. I got mine for 30 including shipping which is all I would pay for a pair. It's hard to take them seriously as a sport, therefore hard to justify a purchase that large.

The official site is

www.sleddogs.no

Its got a few cool videos, so you can get a sense of the product.

Edited by dthmtluncrn

I believe it is a real base (I dont have them with me right now), but I could be wrong, I didnt really check them out that much to be honest. Just put them on skated around on the carpet, then worked on some projects I have for school. I'll let you know later tonight when I get back to my dorm.

wow...i forgot about them.  Camelback used to rent them about 5 years back and I tried them.  For 10 bucks I should get a pair.  They're a good gift if nothing else.

CB used to rent them? Are you sure you're not thinking of the ski blades. Either way they would be a sweet gift. Plus, I figure they are a way of getting non-sking/riding people out to the mountain for the first time because the learning curve is so easy. The first time I used them I hit cliffhangor. Not that cliffhangor is insane, but I dont ski, I snowboard, but I could still pick up the skills fast enough to take on cliffy so. Yeah.

So, if they only need to have metal edges, Would I be allowed to get on the lifts with a snowdeck? It has a leash, and metal edges...

Well... you could try, but I dont think they will be up for it. They do have signs that say no loose equipment. They generally have a policy you have to ride on and off the lift with whatever your using... so if you really want to deal with riding on and off the lift with a snow deck go for it :naughty

Haha, I remember seeing sled dogs for the first time. Those things were awsome. I mean, you can't take them super serious or anything, but I bet you could easily pull a 720 on those things with barely even hitting a jump. Oh man that'd be funny. I think I'll check ebay for a pair right now. Definently a good use of 30 dollars. :yes

Haha, I remember seeing sled dogs for the first time.  Those things were awsome.  I mean, you can't take them super serious or anything, but I bet you could easily pull a 720 on those things with barely even hitting a jump.  Oh man that'd be funny.  I think I'll check ebay for a pair right now.  Definently a good use of 30 dollars.  :yes

Yeah, but they arent the easiest thing in the world to land. :o