The All-Time Greatest Day

Ski

...I tried to keep her off the diamonds, but she promised to clean her room, not be mean to me, do her homework without being told, and feed her cat every day...

March 12, 2007, is now the greatest freaking day ever...

Thanks, guys...

She gets to use her poles every once in a while, but they get in the way of her learning to carve. It's cool that she's totally independant with them, but she also starts to use them like bug antenna, or skiing up behind me and hitting me.

Cool pictures ski,Everyone of my friends who went up today told me it was the best all week.I really wish I went up cause I didn't have school today but I was way to tired to ride today.I rode so hard this past weekend.

Oh and skiing without poles is really fun.I did it for 2 weeks straight cause I left them in my friends truck and then I finally just got them from him Saturday night.

Edited by xNick11

Siblet didn't get poles until her third season.... They interfered with her rhythm and carving. We spent an entire season watching people use poles from the chair and we would say if they were using them correctly or not.

Edited by sibhusky

Ah, you're a total badass, TP4!!

And, yeah, nick there's something different about not using poles...it's pretty amazing what happens to World Cup-level racers when they lose a pole---they weigh next to nothing and aren't even used after the first gate in a downhill, but it still costs them like 5 seconds just because it feels different. With little kids, though, it's just one too many things to think about.