march 23rd at sno

Shadows

the rain missed us so it was totally dry which made things even better.

this was my first time to snotage. 1-930 session

the mountain:

layout is pretty sick. its like skiing two different mountains at once. the top is just one big bunny hill but the bottom has a good amount of cool terrain. i liked the feel of it a lot. made it seem like you were actually skiing a mountain and all of the commercialized crap like at other mtns is no where to be seen. secluded is a good word. loved it.

white lightning wasnt what i expected "(one of) the steepest in the east"? nice try. if it was icy i probably wouldnt be able to make it down though (on park skis) haha. it is steep.

i dont know what run it was called - boomer maybe - but the one with roller/step downs at the end was sweet.

the park:

id say a good 90% of the rails/boxes in the (big) park were closed. wtf. theres no way in hell your park should look like that if you maintain the features on a regular/daily basis. the lips were horrible. although in their defense every single rail/box wasnt set properly cause of the snow melt so there wasnt much point in shaping lips. they all wobbled. i dont know how long they have been like that, but if it was for more than 2 days, thats rediculous. lazy? i was just expecting a lot more cause of all this ryan neptune crap hype being thrown out of everyones ass.

the construction of the rails/boxes looked really good. definitely has a ton of potential. BUT...square coping???? come on guys, you should know better. s box is one of the smoothest features ive ever hit (round coping). jumps were decent. huge amount of lip to them haha, a little over kill.

i wish i wouldve came up earlier in the season when things were 100%. theres a good amount of park rats which was cool. wasnt really expecting that at all. thats about it for park. definitely check it out next season. should be sick.

the lodge:

a lodge is a lodge. one thing that bothered me though was the smell...of the tables. mad headaches like woah.

and the price of food is "one of the highest in the east" haha

the lift tickets...

if you took a semester course of microsoft word in 7th grade, you could make your own lift tickets haha. so insanely sketchy. no bar code, no skiers code, no security features what so ever. the only thing they might change is the color. but i doubt it. just a date, and a time with a totally irrelevant/random picture of a truck in the background. it a piece of paper thats laminated haha.

my only complaints of the night - aside from the park being pretty much closed - is the speed of the lifts, the amount of lights (not enough), and the lift transfer to get back to the top.

ill definitely be back next season a few more times.

oh, mad sinkholes too haha. felt like i was just gonna open up some huge crevace.

Edited by Shadows

Ya Dan Shadows!

Today was one of the funnest days skiing this year for me even tho I mostly skied with Krisite.The jumps were just really nice,except the landing of the 1st jump sucked at night.The 1 rail and 2 boxes that were up were pretty fun to.I came close a few times on the s-box tonight.

Ya Dan Shadows!

Today was one of the funnest days skiing this year for me even tho I mostly skied with Krisite.The jumps were just really nice,except the landing of the 1st jump sucked at night.The 1 rail and 2 boxes that were up were pretty fun to.I came close a few times on the s-box tonight.

kristeeeezy :bj

Jeez, Shadows, you waited until a spring week of 50 degree temps and three days of rain to visit? Shit, that's like skinny dipping with a hot chick in really cold water...

And, yeah, a fast new quad and some WHITE lights would really help...

jumps were good, started workin on some cork truck 5's untill my boy broke somethin in his elbow region on that double barrel rail. i would suggest setting that up as a pure urban downrail, its currently setup as an urban with a gap on.. not so safe.. just a tip

jumps were good, started workin on some cork truck 5's untill my boy broke somethin in his elbow region on that double barrel rail. i would suggest setting that up as a pure urban downrail, its currently setup as an urban with a gap on.. not so safe.. just a tip
That sucks about your friends elbow.

When like everyone saw you guys go inverted they all flipped out.Everyone at sno gets very jealous when someone good comes to ride with the locals.I personally love it.It give me more influence in myself to push me harder.

That sucks about your friends elbow.

When like everyone saw you guys go inverted they all flipped out.Everyone at sno gets very jealous when someone good comes to ride with the locals.I personally love it.It give me more influence in myself to push me harder.

i feel ya, the first run on the park i met up with a kid i knew from school.. he started throwin down pretty hard once we got a few runs into it, tried his first cork and im sure it wont be his last hes a local there, his name is alex brozena if u kno him