Bear still looks rideable?!!

boardera

OK i dint get to make it up today and even though thats my fault...when i was looking at the webcam they look liek they still have a lot of snow and not only on the terrain park but the other trails to, this being said and even though we had a decent season im kind of starting to get a little mad that there was all this talk about pushing snow onto the terrain and staying open as long as the conditions allowed for them too, it looks liek the conditons are still rideable but i just wanted to hear from somebody who rode today if it does suck and they should be closing or if its still ok and they should of stayed open.

they have PLENTY of snow...customers just werent there. i was up i think thursday to saturday and it was empty, however, today was bumpin. probably due to pond skimming. i've seen them close with a lot less snow than what they have. if they dont plow everything out, places like the butter pad and a few jumps could be there a while. railjam maybe?

BC-Mark, can we hike anytime now?

Edited by Oakley21

i doupt it that we can hike due to dumbasses who sue

Pretty sure there is no hiking allowed.

I doubt BC would make it through the rest of the week with the snow that they have and the warm weather now. The ground has thawed and the snow is melting from underneath.

It would be cool to see a rail jam or big air like last year in a few weeks though.

i'm about 90% sure that were not allowed to hike. ME and 2 of my friends tried to hike the mini park because we figured that would be more hidden if someone was lookin and as we were walkin up security yelled at us... but later we hiked the middle park up the the flow and the S rail and the red rail and nobody said anything except the drunken employees on the deck(who were really really funny, one threw a beer bottle and it broke on the sidewalk and another came down and tried to throw a snowball at us and he almost killed himself walkin LMFAO.) anyway back on subject we hiked the flow and it was pretty nice its just that sumbody will have to bring/donate a shovel because everything will get rutted out fast as it slushes. but i dont know about hiking it was kinda a just whatever day after 4.

I think as far as hiking goes, the mountains with big parks should sell an after season pass good for say, like a month after they close allowing you to hike and build jumps. Only like $10 though, since there's no lifts, and it keeps their ass covered if anything happens, since it will be like a normal lift ticket, or some type of plastic card. Just my thought, because I think Boulder should do this also.

bear should take all the snow fromt the mtn and put it at the very bottom and then place a couple rails and boxes for hiking. this way they can see where everyone is plus the we dont have to hike as far. this would def keep me as a season pass holder very happy

someone needs to turn the heat on over there to get the snow melting. let's get some rad freeride shit up in the woods so there's something decent to ride during the summer.

blue's park is still sick even though the warm weather. the last jump is booter-ific. plus pond skim this weekend.

If I owned a ski area, I would stockpile snow on one or two key trails all season long and blow snow on them as much as possible..Then offer skiing and riding well into the spring..even with barespots and walking required. It sounds good but the accountants, lawyers, and insurance guys have other things to say about that.

like killington used to do with superstar.... ive heard stories about skiing above the superstar quad, because thats just how much snow they blew on that. my dads friends refered to it as the superstar glacier.....

im sure if an area around here did that, and marketed it, it would be worth it like it was for killington.

like killington used to do with superstar.... ive heard stories about skiing above the superstar quad, because thats just how much snow they blew on that. my dads friends refered to it as the superstar glacier.....

im sure if an area around here did that, and marketed it, it would be worth it like it was for killington.

Once the weather gets warm here there isn't enough interest to make it worth while to do anything like that. Last year they had that spring big air thing and there was only a handful of people that showed up.

I wish we could let you guys hike but we already have trucks already running through the base area and the last thing we need is someone getting crushed by a dump truck.

On the bright side, we are doing another major snowmaking upgrade and some pretty cool things to the parks this summer. Everything should add up to a faster opening with bigger features earlier in the season.

I wish we could let you guys hike but we already have trucks already running through the base area and the last thing we need is someone getting crushed by a dump truck.

hahahhahaha

thats just about the lamest excuse ive ever heard.....

that sounds a little camelback-esque :rofl:rofl:rofl

On the bright side, we are doing another major snowmaking upgrade and some pretty cool things to the parks this summer. Everything should add up to a faster opening with bigger features earlier in the season.

bc mark.... i hate to tell you but you keep doin snowmaking updates over and over again... bear is still the last to open n first to close

bc mark.... i hate to tell you but you keep doin snowmaking updates over and over again... bear is still the last to open n first to close

mark got very technical in another thread, and actually stated( if i remember correctly) that if they had the updates to the snowmaking this season that they are going for next season, they wouldve had the chance to remain open. word up to that.

first to close isnt all that bad. forces you to go to other places you havent been too. those are always fun even if the mountain is shitty.