bc new improvements

snowboarddude

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if anyone cares but theres word of a rail jam, if weather stays the way it is, on approx December 2'nd or something like that. Im hoping that it gets colder and that jam will be bumped at least a week closer. On the other had it sounds like BB is planning on trying to get at least one run open in the next 2 weeks....SIIIICCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!! who's ready for the 07/08 season in PA!!!

I dunno if anyone cares but theres word of a rail jam, if weather stays the way it is, on approx December 2'nd or something like that. Im hoping that it gets colder and that jam will be bumped at least a week closer. On the other had it sounds like BB is planning on trying to get at least one run open in the next 2 weeks....SIIIICCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!! who's ready for the 07/08 season in PA!!!

IIIIIIIIIIII AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have been since the last time i was skiing last season. im so excited and i just cant hide it!!

i want bear to be open for turkey day!! that would be sick

It would be sick but I don't see that happening ever. Even during hella good years Bear still only opens the beginning of December. Granted they have much better snowmaking in place now. However when you get a nice early start resorts usually use it to open with more terrain/better conditions on their usual opening days, rather than push the envelope to open earlier with sketchier conditions (there are exceptions, like old Killington). That and I don't think Bear has ever made snow regardless of weather conditions before Thanksgiving.

It would be sick but I don't see that happening ever. Even during hella good years Bear still only opens the beginning of December. Granted they have much better snowmaking in place now. However when you get a nice early start resorts usually use it to open with more terrain/better conditions on their usual opening days, rather than push the envelope to open earlier with sketchier conditions (there are exceptions, like old Killington). That and I don't think Bear has ever made snow regardless of weather conditions before Thanksgiving.

bear never made snow in november, but i could be wrong. bears opening last year was awesome. uber sketchy but so fun.

We don't have any predictions on opening date, but for the record, we have made snow as early as Nov. 20th. There have also been two Thanksgiving's that we have made snow as well.

As for historical opening dates, we have opened on the 7th and 9th of December and would love to open earlier but that is entirely weather dependent.

Our on mountain projects are nearly complete, there is a just a little seeding/stabilization left to complete in the tubing park and some configuration/testing of the new pumps. We can make snow now out of the old pump house and the new pump house should be completely functional by Nov. 20th. All the new guns are set and ready to go and all the old guns have had their summer maintenance completed.

The ponds are nearly full and should be at capacity after tonight's rain. The aeration system is in both ponds and the new fountains for the big pond should be installed in the coming weeks to facilitate water cooling.

There are two spots that require some slope clean-up, both near the bottom of F lift. That project will be complete by Nov. 14th.

The hotel should be ready for occupancy prior to Dec. 1.