bc new improvements

snowboarddude

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what bear needs to do is get their shit on the mountain totally straight before they look into a team like make sure all of the changes and additions to the park make the place a good environment to even have a team for, I mean I wouldn't want to be on a team and be trying to practice for a demo or comp or something and have to deal with little kids and their parents all over the jumps and parks...

that aside like everyone was saying up the page, the pipe most likely with a team you'd want to be able to showcase the full range of the mountain jibs,jumps,rails and of course pipe meaning one that was cut well and maintained correctly; I'm not saying bear doesn't have it together because they have some of the illest terrain I've ever ridden but being able to really make sure things work correctly and they have a good pipe is all kind of important, also would they actually be able to get more then 3 kids who are interested in riding for them?

Edited by GNU_rider

I think what you need to do is realize that the conditions around here dont allow for a good pipe. And any pipe that may be rideable around here will NOT be consistent due to our weather.

And "getting their shit straight" before they look into a team makes no sense at all. With the progression of freestyle skiing and snowboarding ANY terrain park at ANY resort should be constantly evolving and pushing in new directions. Changes and additions to the park should be constantly happening and a team would only help give the resort input.

Your complaint of having to work around jumps covered with parents and little kids will never be solved completely. Bear is too small to completely isolate their parks from the rest of the mountain, and if you're serious about riding park you'll take a bit more effort and go ride when there are no crowds.

AND...

yes, i guarantee there would be more than 3 kids who would like to ride on a freestyle team at Bear Creek

I'm not saying it's possible to always have a good pipe but I've tried their pipe after it's been cut and it's inconsistent as far as quality granted I don't know everything about pipe cutting I'm sure it all depends on conditions snow quality and everything else as to how the pipe is post cut, also I do make that effort I get there at opening if not a little before it but from about 11 to maybe 7 or 8 there are kids and parents in there; now I'm talking from how things were last year and as I'm sure we've all read even more has been done for the up and coming season to deal with the problems I mentioned, I also agree that a team would only add another group and form to give input to mountain changes and additions.

My thoughts on having a team:

Would there be value in having a coach?

When you have a team (with a coach) practices have a point and can help you to excel in areas you otherwise would not.

A team can also pick up sponsors more easily and find accommodations more easily.

A team is about resources that you would not have by yourself or with a group of friends.

Even in individual sports, there are many ways in which there is strength in numbers.

I just thought that I would recap my views in this thread.

I think what bear needs to do is get their shit on the mountain totally straight before they look into a team like make sure all of the changes and additions to the park make the place a good environment to even have a team for, I mean I wouldn't want to be on a team and be trying to practice for a demo or comp or something and have to deal with little kids and their parents all over the jumps and parks...

Most likely, team training would be all over the mountain, just like any other discipline of skiing or snowboarding that is organized into teams. There is a lot to be learned outside of the park that will help riders in the park. When a team would practice in the park, it would be beneficial to section off a little bit of the park (maybe a few features) to session and hike to work on specific skills. The particulars of what is sectioned off would be at the discretion of the coach, who, we would hope would make wise decisions about what and when to section off.

that aside like everyone was saying up the page, the pipe most likely with a team you'd want to be able to showcase the full range of the mountain jibs,jumps,rails and of course pipe meaning one that was cut well and maintained correctly

It would be helpful to have a good pipe all of the time, but not essential to the development of the riders. A lot can be learned in a pipe on a bad pipe day.

That being said, I believe that Andy knows what he is doing with the pipe. There were a couple days when it was good last year. That does not happen by accident. There is a lot of pressure to get a pipe open early (everyone here would bitch if it wasn

Dude you know how much better it would be if we just got rid of the "pipe". You could put a whole nother line of rails there.

Like someone previous said, we dont have the right condtions to have a good pipe, even if you cut it constently it will not matter. My sugestion is cover it up seperate it with a fence right where the double lift was and right where the right of the top wall-ride is. It would keep the traffic more chill if they actually did that(even though they wont).

Oh yeah, I had an interview with andy for parkcrew and he said he would be calling me in 2 weeks. So wish me luck

def a good idea but i think they like to advertise/market that they have a pipe in this area. would make room for more features. thinking more into it they could sell the pipe groomer and put that money into ironworks or something. but i doubt they would fill the pipe in

They did that a couple years ago, they just put rails over it and kept it filled until they had comps. then they cut it and it was SO good, suggestion though if they do end up getting rid of/filling the pipe put up a rail jam set up like at killington how they have the "ole rail park"

Also the more I hear people making a case about a team it sounds like a pretty cool idea, the only thing earlier I wasn't saying no one would join I was actually posing the question about how many people would be interested personally it sounds cool but having the time is the issue.