Online petition

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why... just give a plausible explanation, quit being a stuffy fluffy. :wiggle

Trust me. I know. Go diggin through posts from 2 or 3 months ago and you will see that I called the 15th as last day. Yes, I know that the 14th was technically the last day, but that was only due to freakish rain. I know some people who know some people.

so say why they won't reopen then.

My guess would be because JFBB are a business first and foremost and there is not enough riders to keep the mountains open. The new snow didn't help anything cause it is almost all melted already. Unfortunatley no more riding at JFBB until the fall. :(

My guess would be because JFBB are a business first and foremost and there is not enough riders to keep the mountains open. The new snow didn't help anything cause it is almost all melted already. Unfortunatley no more riding at JFBB until the fall. :(

hmmmmmmmmmmmm... okay well... a business first and foremost that doesn't let it's customers know that they are open? I mean come on, we were in Stroudsburg Saturday with ski clothes on.. you should have seen the looks... The people that inquired were amazed to hear that a slope 30 minutes away was still open.

The only reason there aren't enough riders to keep it open is because .............. fill in the blank...

Hint, it isn't because of lack of snow..

hmmmmmmmmmmmm... okay well... a business first and foremost that doesn't let it's customers know that they are open? I mean come on, we were in Stroudsburg Saturday with ski clothes on.. you should have seen the looks... The people that inquired were amazed to hear that a slope 30 minutes away was still open.

The only reason there aren't enough riders to keep it open is because .............. fill in the blank...

Hint, it isn't because of lack of snow..

The only reason there aren't enough riders to keep it open is because .............. lack of customers...

Let's face it, how many people say I'm going to plan an April ski trip in the mid atlantic region? Everyone goes west because you are guaranteed snow. This was not a typical winter and the spring has been cold and snowy. This is a great thing for us, but definitely out of the ordinary for this region.

Stroudsburg is mostly Camelcrack grounds so I would not be suprised that people out there thought the season was over. They judge by Camelcrack's season. Are you suggesting that JFBB should spend money on advertising in April?? :screwy

Are you suggesting that JFBB should spend money on advertising in April?? :screwy

You got to spend a little to make a little..... I know that I would have advertised. I would have blown snow a week ago when it was cold enough and advertised the hell out of it... But hey, I don't know the costs.... Nothing ventured nothing gained... maybe next year.

It is unheard of that a local ski area was open in April and I contest that it is still unheard of - hell, ski shops don't even know that Boulder was open. Even some cheap viral marketing would be better than nothing. simple radio spots? How about hyping it on message boards? I check thier myspace every once in a while and it has been dead. Thats unusual...

I got a number of people to visit from long distances and the reaction was all the same.. HOLY SHIT!! - Look, its good for the regulars with no crowds, but the reason they aren't selling any tickets is because few people realize what they have.

Fat and happy is the thought that occurs to me, I heard early on (mid season) that Boulder had it's best season ever.

Papasteeze if JF/BB would have blown snow and advertised the hell out of it, they would have lost money. All the people who wanted to ski last weekend skied. If people were interesting in skiing, they would have called the ski area to see if they were open or looked online. I find it hard to believe that ski shops didn't know Boulder was open. Don't ski shops get a daily fax from local ski areas with snow conditions.

not from boulder clueless noob