Sib gets off her butt and starts the season

sibhusky

Well, I finally got out today. 100 feet down the hill and I fell....so much for a perfect year!

Conditions were extremely foggy, getting worse each run. The snow quality, however, was excellent. Now if they could just get more open.

I might be able to go again on Wednesday, we'll see.

Well, I finally got out today.  100 feet down the hill and I fell....so much for a perfect year!

Conditions were extremely foggy, getting worse each run.  The snow quality, however, was excellent.  Now if they could just get more open.

I might be able to go again on Wednesday, we'll see.

they've been open for more then a week and you haven't been out yet :o Who are you, and what have you done with SibHusky? :lol:

they've been open for more then a week and you haven't been out yet  :o  Who are you, and what have you done with SibHusky?  :lol:

I stupidly went out and got a JOB which has been interfering with my ski time. Then we had 20 people for dinner last night, so the last few days off were spent getting Christmas decorations up, cleaning the house, and cooking.

Now that the party is out of the way, I will be devoting my free time to more skiing than cleaning. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding between my boss and I about when I was cutting back my hours and that can't happen until January. We'll see if I make it that long without quitting, but since only about 30% of the mountain is open, I guess it's a good time to not get much skiing in.

so if i was to ski dow a trail that started from the top of a mt that was 2,050 ft  would that be the vert

Your change in altitude is the vert you skiied. I'm not sure what dow's stats, but if the top of the mt is at 2050 and teh bottom is sea level then yes a run is 2050 vert. Like wise if the the top is at 3050 and the bottom is at 1000 2050 is the vert, I hope this makes sense.