Bumps at CB

ski911

Is it possible?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

So if CB has installed a pipe, rails, boxes and jumps, why not let some bumps build up on a trail? Let the top of Cliffhanger bump up (to the bottom of the steep) and just groom 1/2 when it starts to get gnarly. Dust it regularly, and bring back some old school freestylin' (minus the neon stretch pants and mullets). :D

Blue took away Sidewinder, one of the greatest trails at Blue for doing some serious ripping around tight turns, and turned it into a terrain park. In return for the skiers, they widened mainstreet for a dedicated Bump Run (Barney's Bumps). How about that for commitment?

I think CB could do it, and should, on one of the front four, leave cliffy along.

It's definately do-able, but I dont know if they want to spend the time/resources to take care of bumps. Plus, they dont have that much trail real estate to start with, I dont know if they would want to give up a trial to bumps. Cliffhangor could be done if they only did half of it though.

The "natural" bumps weren't that big ever, I dont think its really what the bump skiiers were looking for.

Although every once in a while, big pocono gets some nice sized bumps, and nicely spaced too, I imagine they would be fun. Then again I'm not a skiier so what do I know right?

So if CB has installed a pipe, rails, boxes and jumps, why not let some bumps build up on a trail? Let the top of Cliffhanger bump up (to the bottom of the steep) and just groom 1/2  when it starts to get gnarly. Dust it regularly, and bring back some old school freestylin' (minus the neon stretch pants and mullets). :D

Last time i went down cliff hanger their were plenty of (bumps). :confused

Last time i went down cliff hanger their were plenty of (bumps).  :confused

By bumps they mean mogals, large bumps in a somewhat regular fashion (repeatedly occuring in some kinda of pattern). There are a few scattered about cliffy, but they groom too often to let them develop into full sized mogals.

not a huge fan of bumps but the mountain i ski in New York(Gore) has at least one dimond that is always bumps and then towards the bottom on the bottom mountain they have a "bumb run" it's pretty cool to watch people who actually know what they are doing go through those areas.

CB let rocket a few years ago bump...But that stopped because of ski team practice, and it is also the trail the partrolers use for there practice most of the time. Asp as a bump run would be realllll nice...I think I have skiied it a few times with bumps.

Or do 1/2 of big pocono as bumps...Or turn it into a super G :idea:idea

There were huge bumps one day after a snow storm on the rocket last year(i think). And I have seen them riden them on ocasion on all of the other blacks. I dont think they realy even need a dedicated bunp run. Let one trail get bumped then when It gets unmanigable groom it out and let another trail get bumps that way it adds some variety to the mountain too. Also bumps on a trail will keep beople who think they can snowboard from scraping all the snow off the trails.

There were huge bumps one day after a snow storm on the rocket last year(i think).  And I have seen them riden them on ocasion on all of the other blacks.  I dont think they realy even need a dedicated bunp run.  Let one trail get bumped then when It gets unmanigable groom it out and let another trail get bumps that way it adds some variety to the mountain too.  Also bumps on a trail will keep beople who think they can snowboard from scraping all the snow off the trails.

Snow boarders do damage, cut skiiers do as well when they pizza wedge down blacks. They whole thing about a dedicated run is it keeps the bumps big all the time as opposed to having to wait for a trail to get used enough for the bumps to be worth while.

I think its just like the parks. They probobly feel for insurance reasons they shouldnt have a bump run, and since their market is the NY crowd, who no offense inteded general has no clue what is going, the are a lot more likely to find a way into a law suit for n00bs being on traills they shouldnt be.

Still it sux the rest of us have to suffer cos some morons are law suit happy, and morons when it comes to common sense.

Edited by dthmtluncrn

Bump runs are a lot of fun. I'm not really sure why I think that because im a snowboarder, but they are. I dont know what I would do if my Montage groomed some of the doubles flat. :( Most mountains have at least part of one trail bumped. CB should try to spice up the front four a little bit.

Actually, we tend to have less problems with noobs on a bumped trail. They are very intimidating and usually turn them away. I also think that, in general, we would see less "serious" accidents because of reduction in speeds caused by the moguls.

Actually, we tend to have less problems with noobs on a bumped trail. They are very intimidating and usually turn them away. I also think that, in general, we would see less "serious" accidents because of reduction in speeds caused by the moguls.

That is what has been said before, and I believe it... Maybe a little sign at the top of the trail telling people it it ungroomed, and I think CB would be good to go :)

Do you guys think there would be promblem with getting enough loose snow to build up decent bumps? They could always throw haybales down and blow on them. That would help give the bumps a better pattern.

In order to get the bumps set up right for zipperline (In my opinion, the best way to ski bumps) they would need to make sure tight bumps with good lines developed. I'm not sure if the regular clientel at CB skis well enough for that to happen. Most of the ones that form naturally there as of now are spaced way apart and don't have a lick of pattern to them.